Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Mutant 2400HD tuner issue

Title
    Thanks

Mutant 2400HD tuner issue

Hi

I have owned a Mutant 2400HD for a few weeks now and have just stumbled across an issue.
    My Mutant came with four tuners and hdd direct from wos and upto now I have been very happy with the box.
    However it appears that the box will not clear four channels at the same time, therefore if I want to record four fta channels the minute the D tuner is required all I get is a black screen.
    In the tuner config screen I have activated each tuner one at a time and they all clear the programme eg bbc or itv etc etc.

I am running the latest vix image that was installed by wos and is upto date.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I forgot to say the box is fed by a quad lnb with a coax going to each tuner. In addition I flashed a openpli image just to see if that made any difference but yet again when the d tuner needs to be used I get a blank screen.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Have you tried swapping wire going to tuner D?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Have you tried swapping wire going to tuner D?

Yes tried that and still no luck. While checking the tuner settings I tried to set the tuners to automatic and this resulted in tuners a,b,c setting themselves to 28.2e but tuner d keeps looping with an onscreen message saying it is aquiring tsid/onid. It gives you the option to abort via the red button but this fails and you need to turn the box of and reboot.

Title
    Thanks
    OK.

Put some tape on the tuners to identify them TM-1, TM-2, TM-3 and TM-4. TM-4 is the troublesome one. Shut down the receiver. Disconnect the mains. Swap the tuners over. Lets say TM-3 and TM-4.

Do you have the same problem with the Tuner D (TM-3) or is the problem now Tuner C (TM-4)?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

drphibes (23-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    OK.

Put some tape on the tuners to identify them TM-1, TM-2, TM-3 and TM-4. TM-4 is the troublesome one. Shut down the receiver. Disconnect the mains. Swap the tuners over. Lets say TM-3 and TM-4.

Do you have the same problem with the Tuner D (TM-3) or is the problem now Tuner C (TM-4)?

Think we are getting there now. I swapped tuner d and tuner c, booted up and started to record tuner a ( works) record tuner b ( works) and then tried to get another channel to work and c fails ! Went into the tuner config and disabled tuner c and this allowed tuner d to record a channel .
    This looks like a possible dodgy tuner ?

Title
    Thanks
    Best to contact WOS and follow any tests/advice they give.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

drphibes (23-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Best to contact WOS and follow any tests/advice they give.
    Yes going to give them a call tomorrow, hopefully the tuner just needs swapping .

Title
    Thanks
    I found major issues when trying to use all 4 tuners at the same time - I had 2 x DVB-S2 and 2 x DVB-C/T2.

EVENTUALLY (after much retesting THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN and a lot of back and forths with WOS) it was admitted by the manufacturer that there is a driver issue (although I wonder if it's actually a hardware fault relating to a power issue when all 4 tuners are in use). Seemed to be confined to the Hybrid tuners for me though, I didn't see any issue with the sat ones.

Shame really, great box, but NOT a quad tuner box as advertised...

I swapped it out for an Xtrend ET10000, which does work as a quad tuner as it allowed me to use all 4 tuners at the same time.

I posted about it over in this thread:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...ite-in-one-box