Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Multi frame rate setting

Title
    Thanks

Multi frame rate setting

Please bare with me I'll try to explain this the best I can, I seem to have maybe comes across an issue with the edision on vix 4.1 004, I use the frame rate setting set to multi as I often switch between satellite and iptv, on my previous box the frame rate would switch accordingly from a satellite channel to iptv and visa versa, on the edision it only sometimes seems to do this when going from satellite to iptv and not every time it needs to making the image on iptv judder, when it does decide to switch the box will then not switch the frame rate back when leaving iptv and going back to satellite causing the image to judder, I have to restart the box to get back to the correct frame rate, the box is set up exactly how I've always had it on my previous box.
    Hope this can be understood correctly and any help would be appreciated.
    TIA
    Last edited by No1gooner; 01-05-16 at 20:05.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,052 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Try using 50hz settings, some models don't like multi.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    See I know what iptv channels will look like in 50hz a lot of them will judder they mostly use 24hz or 60hz depending, this is disappointing to here as it's a must have feature for me, I don't really want to keep faffing around in settings to change frame rates and rebooting the box when the frame rate won't switch back. Is there a reason why some boxes don't like multi?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    try a mkv with 24Hz what your bax makes out of that. On my Duo2 mkv with 24Hz is no problem. Another thing concerning 24Hz. My Samsung TVs only support 1080p24 and no 720p24 or 480p24. Have you set resolution to 1080 and then multi?

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

No1gooner (02-05-16)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,052 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by No1gooner View Post
    See I know what iptv channels will look like in 50hz a lot of them will judder they mostly use 24hz or 60hz depending, this is disappointing to here as it's a must have feature for me, I don't really want to keep faffing around in settings to change frame rates and rebooting the box when the frame rate won't switch back. Is there a reason why some boxes don't like multi?
    I'll need to test 24p playback this week and report to Edision. They normally fix things very quick
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

No1gooner (02-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your reply, I was watching a film yesterday on Ruya, the box switched the frame rate to 24hz for that particular film, but when switching back to sat the box left the frame rate at 24hz and didn't switch back to 50hz, on my previous box this would have happend, another example is when watching a live iptv channel some sources would require the box to switch to 60hz again on my previous box this would of happend but on my edision it doesn't I have to go into settings and manually switch to it and likewise when going back to sat i have to manually switch it back to 50hz or reboot the box for the change to take affect.
    I'm usin 1080 and multi as I always have done.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to No1gooner For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (02-05-16)