Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenVix Custom EPG

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Weird. Can I make a suggestion and you make an image backup of current image and a settings backup on your Solo2 and do a fresh usb flash (with no restore of settings - at least just yet) then FTP a fresh download of this plugin to your tmp folder and from telnet type:
    Code:
    opkg update
    opkg install /tmp/*.ipk
    and once plugin installed, and full reboot of box (telnet command "init 6").

See if that works which I hope it does. You could then re-install your plugins from feeds again and restore your settings (if that's your preference).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

Clabs (03-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Running my own "ViX" builds and with the ability to switch images easily through a simple restart (due to the dual image capability of the ET8500), I have this code implemented into the standard ViX code.
    Although I initially thought I would be in debug mode for a few images, I have been surprised at how solid the image has been with no issues during the last week.

I also find the changes immensely productive and the use of the Epg much easier with the keys set up the way I like them.

As a keen user of OpenVix image, for the reasons that (in my view) OpenViX offers the most complete image available, and one that has a track record of being innovative, I feel that the ViX team should look at offering these changes in the base code.
    It really adds value to the "average" use of the OpenViX image

Obviously a weeks testing by one user doesn't prove the code is 100% solid, but having run several image builds with the recent Xtrend kernel changes, and had no issues when re-flashing and restoring the settings between images, I feel the code is pretty transparent.

Note: I also have a copy of the ViX skins on my system with the epg changes implemented.

Would be interested in comments from the ViX team
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (15-05-16),Clabs (15-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Twol,

Mod is great but have you found it interrupting your Powertimers?

If I do a timed record, which the box needs to wake up from deep standby, record , then go back to deep standby. it will wake up, record but won't go to deep standby. It gets caught in a loop thinking there are recordings coming up.

Also I have my box set to auto standby after 90 mins, then auto deep standby (from standby) after 30. It never gets to deep standby.

Same happening for you?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partymack711 View Post
    Twol,

Mod is great but have you found it interrupting your Powertimers?

If I do a timed record, which the box needs to wake up from deep standby, record , then go back to deep standby. it will wake up, record but won't go to deep standby. It gets caught in a loop thinking there are recordings coming up.

Also I have my box set to auto standby after 90 mins, then auto deep standby (from standby) after 30. It never gets to deep standby.

Same happening for you?
    No - but I don't ever use a lot of timers - so obviously needs more testing to sort this ... but don't remember anything in the code that would cause this, so does this happen with Vanilla ViX or not???
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Partymack711 View Post
    The first part of that sounds like an issue I partly looked into 5 months ago. Not sure whether it would cause the other part, though.

Take a look at this thread (just one post) and follow the link in it for a solution....if that is your problem.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

8. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

twol (15-05-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    The only thing I have noticed is that in epglist.py, 2 lines of code go where the namefont is reset ... haven,t followed through to see what impact this has but sticking to the OpenViX code hasn,t caused any obvious issues
    Could you provide more info on this and it will be looked at

@Partymack711, as mentioned by twol there is nothing obvious in the code of the modded epg files that could cause this but obviously I can't confirm this as I too don't use power timers. More testing would need to be done to determine if it was the mod files and what offending code that is/isn't their that can cause this.
    Last edited by bbbuk; 15-05-16 at 12:59.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    @Ford1, here is the latest blue-hd skin but modded with just the two lines of code needed. Can you see if this solves your bold issue?

Extract the .xml file from the archive and FTP it to:
    Code:
    /usr/share/enigma2/Blue-HD/
    and over-write the existing file. You will need to restart box.

@Twol, I vaguely remember GEPG being bit more bold after installing this mod for blue-hd (nothing seems to change for the skin I use).
    Yes, this worked and changed the font back from bold. Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Are the following possible?
    1. Remove enigma2 from depends in control file. It is not required for install and I can't imagine anyone using this on an image that does not have enigma2.
    2. Add Blue HD skin as a depends. This means that you will always install the current one from plugins server
    3. Try using Use epg_custom.png, else epg.png. This removes the need for one of the backing up processes.
    4. Is there a possibility that the debug print comments can state that a modified version is being used. Makes it easier to diagnose issues.
    5. As far as I can see, the removal process only deals with the .pyo files, not .py files. So removal is not complete. Workaround is to use .pyo files in ipk or to add the .py files in removal process

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (28-05-16),twol (28-05-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Are the following possible?
    I'll answer the questions in turn...

1. Remove enigma2 from depends in control file. It is not required for install and I can't imagine anyone using this on an image that does not have enigma2
    I have removed this.

2. Add Blue HD skin as a depends. This means that you will always install the current one from plugins server
    The problem with this is user may not actually want Blue HD skin installed. The plugin only replaces a modded skin .xml file.

It would be easier if admin/mods were to allow these skin .xml changes to github and included in future Vix releases!?! I can confirm that using these modded skin .xml files without the plugin installed (or any other modded epg files) doesn't result in any errors/crashes or anything. It appears the skin just ignores widget names if it can't find them within the modded epg files. I'm happy to submit these few changes if okay with admin/mods?

3. Try using Use epg_custom.png, else epg.png. This removes the need for one of the backing up processes
    See my proposal for question 2. This is better/easier option.

4. Is there a possibility that the debug print comments can state that a modified version is being used. Makes it easier to diagnose issues.
    Good idea. I could only see one debug print statement which i've amended. I've also added the following debug statement to all plugin .py files:
    Code:
    [OpenVix Custom EPG] OpenVix Custom EPG is installed.....
    This then mentions the name of the file that is modded. Hopefully, this will aid with diagnosing issues as you can just search for "Custom EPG" in debug logs to see if/what modded epg file is being used, if any.

5. As far as I can see, the removal process only deals with the .pyo files, not .py files. So removal is not complete. Workaround is to use .pyo files in ipk or to add the .py files in removal process
    The package provider, opkg, in this case handles removal of additional files installed when removed using opkg. I can confirm .py files are actually removed by opkg package.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (28-05-16),Andy_Hazza (28-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Thanks for the clarification/s.

Best not to submit any pull requests until the existing one is merged. You saw how the primary bouquet thing caused confusion and gave credence to rejection to other items.

There was mention that there would be possible slow down in the EPG menu. How this is going to be tested/confirmed/found not to be the case is going to be difficult if it is not merged. The whole point of the Developer image is to test things before adding to the public image. I'll leave that discussion to others.

The plugin only replaces a modded skin .xml file.
    I found an epg.png in the following folder
    /media/hdd/ipkg-tools/enigma2-plugin-extensions-openvixcustomepg_1.0_all/usr/share/enigma2/Blue-HD/infobar
    This is what prompted the question/suggestion. Maybe this is/was an oversight?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (28-05-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Thanks for the clarification/s.

Best not to submit any pull requests until the existing one is merged. You saw how the primary bouquet thing caused confusion and gave credence to rejection to other items.

There was mention that there would be possible slow down in the EPG menu. How this is going to be tested/confirmed/found not to be the case is going to be difficult if it is not merged. The whole point of the Developer image is to test things before adding to the public image. I'll leave that discussion to others.
    I was only referring to skin .xml for the skins that have been modded at this time (about 4). I doubt the two extra lines of code in skin .xml file would slow image down. If, however, you're referring to entire epg mod then I can only confirm i've not noticed any slow down on my Vu+. I wouldn't know about slow downs on other lower spec boxes vix supports.

The way I see it is no other image has the option (that I know of) of customising coloured keys. However, I believe CoolTVguide plugin does offer option of customising some coloured keys.

I found an epg.png... This is what prompted the question/suggestion. Maybe this is/was an oversight?
    No, it wasn't an oversight. The main reason that has been replaced is so "<>" is at the end of the list of available bouquets. The other skins don't have this <>. It's just a gentle reminder you can use < or > to scroll through different bouquets. If others did give ok to just mod skins (at least at this time) then I would have this epg.png changed so it didn't have <> at end otherwise it's inconsistent with other skins that have been modded but don't have <>.
    Last edited by bbbuk; 28-05-16 at 22:27.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    version 1.1 has been released - see post #1.

Main changes:
    • Crash when selecting "skin empty services" from within Graphical EPG menu fixed - thanks twol
    • Added support for default Vix Night skin also
    • BlueHD skin updated - removed bold on GEPG

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

divil_a_bit (20-06-16),Ford1 (30-05-16),pembo (30-05-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Having +24/-24 buttons and "Recordings" buttons in the EPG is just super.
    It's a pity it can't be merged back to the main release

21. The Following User Says Thank You to divil_a_bit For This Useful Post:

bbbuk (20-06-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've updated this mod (see first post) to version 1.16.

Changes in v1.16:

• Fixed crash caused by recent code changes introduced for trashcan
    • Bumped version to 1.16 to correspond to subversion of vix that is has been tested against

Please do not use v1.16 of this mod on any vix image after 4.1 016

23. The Following User Says Thank You to bbbuk For This Useful Post:

dsayers (24-07-16)

Title
    Thanks
    It would be amazing if these features could be integrated into the main vix image. By default I'd say very few people use IMDB search, and the Add timer and add autotimer buttons can be accessed using the dedicated record button anyway. Meanwhile oft-used features such as accessing recordings and +/- 24 hours are added to obscure buttons.
    Having channel numbers alongside the main EPG is a great addition too. Maybe not for everyone, but the choice is there.

I think the best option would be to allow simple customisation, that way everyone would be happy. People have been asking for these features for years
    (62% of people in the poll here voted favourably: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...-do-you-prefer wanted some customisation)
    but alas I don't see it happening from what I have gleaned from the poll as well as a few other threads, the answer is a flat "no" for seemingly no reason.

Thanks very much for this plugin though it's the next best thing!
    Last edited by stewartie4; 30-07-16 at 19:30.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast