Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Wrong Attitude

Title
    Thanks

Wrong Attitude

Is there nothing that can be done about the appalling attitude of some of the forum members to people's questions.
    Usually the 1st answer is its a clone ie zgemma or go google it or some other sarcastic comment.
    A forum is for help and discusion of which not many on this forum are aware.
    Everyone was a newbie at sometime and don't tell me you did not ask questions.
    I'm sometimes suprised you have any users on this forum.
    You alienate more users than you keep.
    If those certain users ( and I think you know who you are ) have not got something to say then please don't put pen to paper as they say.
    I enjoy reading and learning from this forum but certailly do not like the way people are treated at times.
    Show some manners and lets all enjoy and learn.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to s2tephen For This Useful Post:

Barnoe (16-05-16),Brentp (10-05-16),Consetts Geordie (29-06-16),harryoz (30-04-16),sbunts (05-06-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Good luck with that. It's good that the forum takes a stand on counterfeit products that legally should not be used in the EU at all.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Zgemma is a receiver ViX do not support, contrary to what they were told when they bought the receiver. They are a major fire hazard as well and ViX wishes to be no part of that.
    And with regards "Google is your friend" I'm guessing you are talking about Cam talk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Those that ask questions about Zgemma are nearly always lazy first time posters, that can't be bothered to use the search facility which would answer their question very quickly. In fairness, most of these people have bought these boxes in ignorance and perhaps educating them would be a better way to go.
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Willmoore For This Useful Post:

roybach (30-04-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Zgemma is a receiver ViX do not support, contrary to what they were told when they bought the receiver. They are a major fire hazard as well and ViX wishes to be no part of that.
    And with regards "Google is your friend" I'm guessing you are talking about Cam talk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m guessing you last comment was an assumption as I did not mention it. One should not assume what one does not know.
    The comment was a general one.
    I also beleive all goods should be safe to use but that does not mean that other receivers that this forum does not support are clones or rubbish.
    Almost all receiver made today have either some part of them or design incorpoated into them from somewhere else that does not make them a clone or illegal.
    The point to this thread is.
    Help people dont allenate them.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willmoore View Post
    Those that ask questions about Zgemma are nearly always lazy first time posters, that can't be bothered to use the search facility which would answer their question very quickly. In fairness, most of these people have bought these boxes in ignorance and perhaps educating them would be a better way to go.
    I have been using sat receivers for 30 + years and i sometime's cannot find what I need by searching so i ask. And Ive had some sharp comments over the years.
    So your 1st sentence Im not so sure that quite true but do accept your 2nd.
    We all learn by our mistakes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to s2tephen For This Useful Post:

roybach (30-04-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by s2tephen View Post
    I have been using sat receivers for 30 + years and i sometime's cannot find what I need by searching so i ask. And Ive had some sharp comments over the years.
    So your 1st sentence Im not so sure that quite true but do accept your 2nd.
    We all learn by our mistakes.
    I agree, the search facility does not always return the answer but it should be the first port of call. In this case, a simple search of Zgemma the answer is returned many times over.
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Thanks
    I now use edision os mini's myself as I wanted official vix support as I love the image but I'm not going to hide the fact that I used zgemma's for 8 months and they are not rubbish by any means, the h2s is a very good receiver for the price, regardless of what is said they are not clones and my flat is still standing and hasn't been reduced to ashes!
    But I've now left the zgemma's behind for a great receiver with more features which cost another £15 more the an h2s, if you want official vix and the support from the forum and some extra hardware features to me it's defiantly worth the trade off.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to No1gooner For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (02-05-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Its the same with a lot for forums, its not just this one. If a forum decides it doesn't want to support a particular receiver weather it be a clone or not is entirely up to the admin on that forum. I generally stick to genuine receivers but i will be honest and say i have tried all sorts, genuine and clone. Some have been good and some have been awful. For me the worst box i have had would definitely be the Alien 2. I have tried a Zegemma box and its OK but nothing to write home about, i set it up for a friend and have had nothing else to do with it since.

I have had quite a few DM800Se clones and to be honest they have been no worse than the genuine models, i have a clone Vu+ Solo which was given to me as part payment for an installation, it works fine but i wouldn't have purchased it myself. What most people dont understand regarding clones is that cloning a receiver inevitably causes loss to somebody along the chain, whether it be the manufacturers or the shop that sells the genuine item, somebody loses out. This is why this forum takes the stance it does.

A lot of people buy Zegemma receivers for one reason, cut price TV in one form or another and only usually come on to forums when their products dont do what they think they should do.

Genuine enthusiasts generally dont buy unsupported clone products. I try to get the best receiver that meets my needs that i can for my money, 99% of the time its a genuine model. If the forum doesn't take the stance it does it will be overrun with questions that have nothing to do with the image or the ethics of the image team.

Sometimes you have to take that stance as its the best countermeasure even if it does come across as a bit caustic. As for the Zegemma, from what i can make out is a clone of the Octagon SF8, i doubt very much that its a box that has been through research and development, its just a generalised copy of somebodies hard work.
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 30-04-16 at 12:23.
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

14. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

Ashley69 (30-04-16)

Title
    Thanks
    What zgemmaa owners don't quite get is that vix choose not to support zgemma and that is their choice and so should be respected. Try asking apple support about a problem with a fake iPhone and you would get the same response.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gibbletts For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (30-04-16),manicscrewdriver (01-05-16)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've used Linux receivers for sometime now. I must say that there is various people on the forum with various expertise, from beginners to experts. what I have come to realise, it that people are willing to read and keep updated on latest updates, issues and support & supporting others. in addition to this, you sometimes get someone asking a question that you are able to find on google (with a bit of reading and research), or as post 7 explains, using the search. yes the search sometime does not bring up what you looking for, but majority of the time it does, sometime you need to change the word for what you are searching for. am happy to read through each post/thread to make sure I get the info required (which builds on my knowledge and helps sort my issue and maybe in future to support others), where other don't and want the answer now.

people don't take time to read rules on the form and are quick to sign up and ask a question that may have already been asked before or can be found elsewhere, on here or other forum.

in regards to attitude - what we all need to remember is sometime when we write or reply to posts/threads on here, is that some of us are not as clear as we want to be, as we would if we were talking to someone face to face and this can be taken the wrong way.
    I have only received positive friendly support from the mods, admins and people on this forum. thank you to all.
    Last edited by john doe; 30-04-16 at 14:09.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s2tephen View Post
    Is there nothing that can be done about the appalling attitude of some of the forum members to people's questions.
    Usually the 1st answer is its a clone ie zgemma or go google it or some other sarcastic comment.
    Let's be very clear. If people want help with counterfeit hardware or cardsharing they are likely to receive a lifetime ban from this forum. This is stated in the forum rules.

We do not support Zgemma or Spark boxes among others. But third parties who sell these boxes choose to build our source code to run on these unsupported boxes. If people are running unofficially built versions of OpenViX or unsupported hardware they will not get support here and the threads will be closed. It is our free choice what hardware we support and no one is going to dictate otherwise.

In all other cases we always try to be as helpful as possible.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (01-05-16),Bangord30 (02-05-16),john doe (01-05-16),judge (01-05-16),manicscrewdriver (01-05-16),Sicilian (01-05-16),TK4|2|1 (01-05-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Thread closed. Pointless discussion.
    If you want VIX support, use a supported VIX box, not a box that rips off the VIX image.
    If you've been fooled into support by your retailer, take it up with them.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (01-05-16),imish (09-05-16),john doe (01-05-16),manicscrewdriver (01-05-16),Sicilian (01-05-16),TK4|2|1 (01-05-16)