Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't post new thread in VIX forum

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GarretJax View Post
    Do you understand my problem now?
    No. As if you select one of the two drop-down options for the Category, you'll then get various other boxes to complete.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    The new rules for posting are preventing me from creating a thread in the VIX Support forum.

When I try to create a new post I see the drop downs for Prefix (where you identify box type), Title and Category (Bug or Question).

I DO NOT get any drop down boxes for "Build Version" or any of the other questions. I just see the large text entry area for my post.

When I try to save it says I haven't completed those other fields (Build version etc)

What can I do?
    See this guide here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...upport-Section!
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    No. As if you select one of the two drop-down options for the Category, you'll then get various other boxes to complete.
    No that is wrong. People are not listening.

When I select the Category drop down and select "Support Question" I do NOT then get any other boxes to complete

There has to be some crazy restriction on the version of JavaScript or Internet Explorer or whatever scripting software you have used to code those boxes.

I don't get those boxes, hence I can't enter anything into them, hence I can not create a thread in the VIX support forum.

Very frustrating!

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Can please post a screenshot of what you see and what exact browser you are using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Screen shot is already shown in Page 1 of this thread. Broswer is IE 11. JavaScript is enabled. Does the forum need me to have some special version of say .NET ?

Title
    Thanks
    The only way I can get my Windows 7 IE11 PC to do the same is if I turn scripting off
    You could try this site to test scripting is definitely on (maybe it's broken for on your PC?)
    Code:
    http://www.isjavascriptenabled.com/

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    No idea why or how you are getting what u are getting.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Try Firefox browser. Nothing we can do. You must have some specific setting in IE11.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Does the forum need me to have some special version of say .NET ?
    No it does not.

Sorry but I'm not able to replicate your issue. Tested IE11.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Works ok for me - Windows 8, IE11.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    No that is wrong. People are not listening.

When I select the Category drop down and select "Support Question" I do NOT then get any other boxes to complete
    But you didn't actually say that you had selected the Category drop-down (as far as I can see).

There has to be some crazy restriction on the version of JavaScript or Internet Explorer or whatever scripting software you have used to code those boxes.
    This seems unlikely, given that no-one else appears to have the problem. I use Firefox on Linux and it's always worked OK for me.

And I've just tested it in Firefox, IE11 and Edge on Windows 10. All work fine.

So what is special about your browser set-up?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    So what is special about your browser set-up?
    I conclude there is some issue with Javascripting on the laptop I am using. I don't know what the issue is.

JavaScript is definitely enabled. If I go to YouTube I can view videos there no problem. If I disable JavaScript YouTube clips no longer work.

I have found also that I can not view Share Charts on a Stocks/Shares site that I frequently use.

I have repeatedly enabled/disabled JavaScript to try and "reset" it.

I have closed and re-opened Internet Explorer numerous times to try and reset that.

I have killed off the iexplore.exe process in task manager to be sure that any old instance is gone.

I have rebooted the laptop several times.

I have also disabled my firewall temporarily in case that was blocking something.

Yet the JavaScript problem persists.

I had to use the wife's laptop to be able to finally use the VIX Support Forum which worked fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12