Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: OpenVix 4.0 few issues need help solving

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Attachments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OpenVix 4.0 few issues need help solving

Title
    Thanks

OpenVix 4.0 few issues need help solving

Tempted to flash back as ALL of the bugs that existed in 3.2 are still there, plus a bunch of extra ones.

Heres my latest problems.

• Channels have started disappearing in my ABM bouquets
    • ABM continually seems to write over my favourites.xml with an old version which I have no idea where its coming from
    • The software update feed is down
    • Big issue, all the EPG data keeps getting corrupted. I deleted it all last night and redownloaded again, tried both Rytek and OpenTV providers. After deleting it works for a bit and then it gets corrupted again
    • Box crashed when trying to run update on CrossEPG (log attached)

Problems that still exist from 3.2 - network mounts don't persist through multiple reboots, Even if I get the VU+ Zero to use the VU+ Duo2 as a replacement hard drive it only lasts for that boot.
    VU+ Zero wont rewind either, it'll only pause.

enigma2_crash_2016-04-07_16-50-15.log

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by realdannys View Post
    Tempted to flash back as ALL of the bugs that existed in 3.2 are still there, plus a bunch of extra ones.

Heres my latest problems.

• Channels have started disappearing in my ABM bouquets
    • ABM continually seems to write over my favourites.xml with an old version which I have no idea where its coming from
    • The software update feed is down
    • Big issue, all the EPG data keeps getting corrupted. I deleted it all last night and redownloaded again, tried both Rytek and OpenTV providers. After deleting it works for a bit and then it gets corrupted again
    • Box crashed when trying to run update on CrossEPG (log attached)

Problems that still exist from 3.2 - network mounts don't persist through multiple reboots, Even if I get the VU+ Zero to use the VU+ Duo2 as a replacement hard drive it only lasts for that boot.
    VU+ Zero wont rewind either, it'll only pause.

enigma2_crash_2016-04-07_16-50-15.log
    Where are you storing your epg data?
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    It was setup on USB since about a month after we go the box and didn't have any issues. When I looked last night, somehow it had changed back to hard drive again. Deleted all EPG on both hard drive and USB stick, changed it back to USB stick and downloaded Rytek data to start (though I prefer the OpenTV ones as I don't like the genre in brackets in the description Rytek gives) this brought everything back in the list and worked fine, then today its back to being corrupt again.

Just cleaned it out, switched to OpenTV and run it again, ok at the minute.

Another thing thats started happening, pressing up would take you to the bouquet that is open, lately its been taking us to "all channels" instead which has a bunch of junk channels in the first places.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    I know people will hate me ... but rather than realdannys having a heart attack, why doesn,t he use the simple approach at least until he is comfortable.
    Delete the epg (wherever) it maybe (check flash as well)
    Disable Crosspeg
    Enable and setup XMLTV Importer on BOTH receivers (Source Rytec UK on both)
    Run.
    Don't share!!!
    Safe, simple, works .... but what do I know
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I know people will hate me ... but rather than realdannys having a heart attack, why doesn,t he use the simple approach at least until he is comfortable.
    Delete the epg (wherever) it maybe (check flash as well)
    Disable Crosspeg
    Enable and setup XMLTV Importer on BOTH receivers (Source Rytec UK on both)
    Run.
    Don't share!!!
    Safe, simple, works .... but what do I know
    I've never used the basic XMLTV importer - does it have to be Rytek because as i've said, I prefer the other source personally. Id not had any issues at all since getting the box with CrossEPG and also I have a motorised dish on feed 4 so I like to have some of the EPG data for the other sats when looking for a game.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I would do away with your usb and just use the HDD to store the epg data.
    What are you using for your channel list? Custom made one or ViX's ABM? If ABM can you tell me how you have it setup please?
    Regards,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    I would do away with your usb and just use the HDD to store the epg data.
    Really? I only went with the USB because folk said its faster on here incase the disk needs to spin up (which made sense, though I don't think mine ever spins down as the timeshift is always on, although, as i've made point of before that for the last 30 so updates its never change, having it on makes no difference for me, on the main box I can rewind at any point with it on or off and the first time you trigger it causes glitching)

VIX's ABM yes indeed. I have it setup with my favourites XML. I've just noticed BBC One HD just moved because apparently its number changed in ABM making my favourites file incorrect. I thought the whole point of ABM was to have so you didn't need to keep chasing channels around as they changed numbers?
    Generally ABM is well behaved but whatever changes happen through updates nearly always cause my Sky Sports 1 DE to become Fun7. I've changed it about 4 times and it always seems to change and make that happen. What i've noticed happen is even if I delete them under all the example bouquets in the custom folder there are 5 that always come back with the example removed - PSB1 TV and Radio, Sky Germany and Turksat TV and Radio. I'm not sure why they always exist - i've started basing my favourites channels on what they change to instead.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    I've never used the basic XMLTV importer - does it have to be Rytek because as i've said, I prefer the other source personally. Id not had any issues at all since getting the box with CrossEPG and also I have a motorised dish on feed 4 so I like to have some of the EPG data for the other sats when looking for a game.
    It does, but never used them ..... you would have to look at the selection and try ... rytec (usually ) works for me on German & UK sats
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    "Usually" sounds just as reliable as CrossEPG! ��

It had been working fine for 5 months or so, its only recently (perhaps only since i updated to version 4) the text has got corrupted. I don't mind glitches and the like myself but this box is being used by a woman, a woman who just expects things to work and moans quite loudly when the list of whats on is all corrupted and starts spouting about why we should just get sky But she does only use the basics and you'd expect them to be reliable, the up button needs to take her to the bouquet we start in (main channels created in ABM favourites) and the EPG needs to be correct.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, more bugs on the VU+ Zero. I've just realised it was accessing the same epg.dat as the VU Duo2 as it has no tuners so it can't create its own, it needs to read that one.

The odd thing is that in the epg listed /autofs/vuduo2 as the mount and yet the mount' doesn't actually exist yet as they were all deleted (and never worked properly) in the upgrade to 4.0. Whats more a network search doesn't even show up the VU+Duo2 for some reason. I've tried it twice now, days apart with hard reset inbetween and it doesn't show up in the list.

Also the VU+ Zero crashed when trying to change the EPG data location (The Duo2 do this too) have attached yet another crash log, not sure if anyone really reviews these things to be honest as every bug i report and provide logs for remains.

enigma2_crash_2016-04-07_20-02-49.log

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,955 Times in 3,276 Posts
    even if I delete them under all the example bouquets in the custom folder there are 5 that always come back with the example removed - PSB1 TV and Radio, Sky Germany and Turksat TV and Radio. I'm not sure why they always exist
    Those are providers without LCN so the plugin needs those files to order the channels of those providers. They do not affect other providers.

If you are having trouble with ABM turn on debug logs, reboot and do a fresh scan. Post the debug log.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Those are providers without LCN so the plugin needs those files to order the channels of those providers. They do not affect other providers.

If you are having trouble with ABM turn on debug logs, reboot and do a fresh scan. Post the debug log.
    It not so much "trouble" with ABM as it seemingly continually changing channel numbers and me having to update things - which as I said, I though was the point of ABM to stop me having to do such things manually.

Very little has changed between 3.2 and 4, it should have been called 3.3 really. All the old bugs on my Zero are still there. I still cant rewind my timeshift, I still cant reliably mount the Duo2 as a hard disk replacement (in fact thats got worse) and now I cant even add the Duo2's correct location to load the dat file.

Title
    Thanks
    Another bug to add and this was confirmed to be a bug about 4 years ago on here, the remote record plugin doesn't work properly as it doesn't set the correct location on the remote box. So can't remote record from the Zero either I have to use a laptop and go to the web interface, bit daft. But as its been 4 years I doubt that plugin is getting updated.

All the threads I can find on here about timeshift not rewinding are 3 years old and mention it being a driver issue, which it obviously isn't on my Zero. I've used a USB stick, i've set it up to auto start after 5 seconds, i've rebooted and everything it it should be. Will only pause never rewind. Ideally I wanted to use the Duo2s drive for timeshift over the network and that did at one point work fine, but it only ever stays mounted for about one night after a reboot - next time you come to pause you'll find timeshift isn't working anymore and you need to remount the box.

Feels a but like everything is tied together by string.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok, more bugs on the VU+ Zero. I've just realised it was accessing the same epg.dat as the VU Duo2 as it has no tuners so it can't create its own, it needs to read that one.

The odd thing is that in the epg listed /autofs/vuduo2 as the mount and yet the mount' doesn't actually exist yet as they were all deleted (and never worked properly) in the upgrade to 4.0. Whats more a network search doesn't even show up the VU+Duo2 for some reason. I've tried it twice now, days apart with hard reset inbetween and it doesn't show up in the list.

Also the VU+ Zero crashed when trying to change the EPG data location (The Duo2 do this too) have attached yet another crash log, not sure if anyone really reviews these things to be honest as every bug i report and provide logs for remains.

enigma2_crash_2016-04-07_20-02-49.log

I had to set up NFS when I updated to 4.00 003 to get the network mounts working. have you done that?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marks1 View Post
    I had to set up NFS when I updated to 4.00 003 to get the network mounts working. have you done that?
    Yep.

They're technically half working - I can't get the Duo2 to be a hard drive replacement for the Zero even though thats ticked and its green mounted to show it should. The one thing that does always work is according the recordings. Granted it might not come from /HDD/Media as it should but the AutoFS/DUO2/Media/ works and they play well.

Its when it comes to accessing EPG, timeshift and other network features it gets flakey.

Anyone any idea why my Zero can access the upgrade feeds but my Duo2 says they're down?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast