Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: tvheadend

Title
    Thanks

tvheadend

I've moved from a Gigablue Enigma2 box to a Wetek Play running OpenELEC.

tvheadend is my source for my channels.

Is there a setup that can download EPG from Enigma2 sources so I can get 7 day EPG? At the moment I've got my Raspberry PI downloading EPG using webgrab+ however its takes a long time, couple of hours just to get 1 day EPG.

Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    That's a good question and one i'm sorry i can't help with..
    But hope someone here can, as i am interested in an answer too.

Title
    Thanks
    TV Headend has built in EPG grabbers. I used it on the same box (Wetek Play) and with Openelec and it worked fine.

I don't use it any more as I moved to a Mutant HD2400

IIRC, you need to go into configuration, channel/epg, epg grabber. I just enabled OpenTV if I remember correctly, as I was using Sky channels.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm on cable so OpenTV doesnt grab the tv.

I've created as script that downloads uk tv from http://www.vuplus-community.net/rytec/rytecxmltv-UK.gz

This is ran once a day and stored on my receiver and is then read once box is turned on.