Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Restore xp1000 back to factory settings

Title
    Thanks

Restore xp1000 back to factory settings

Hi

Is there a telnet command that i can use to reset box back to factory settings?

I ftp'd in and tried to delete the entire Flashrom , i can now ftp into the box but loads of missing files and i think thats why box is hanging.

I HAVE TRIED FLASHING THE BOX WITH A NEW IMAGE VIA USB but sits on the openvix screen. I think is stopping loading becuase of file i deleted.

Nedd to reset the flashrom!

Please Help **

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    If its booting to the point where you can ftp into it there is no reason why it shouldn't accept a new image by usb. The only reason it wouldn't allow a flash is if you had damaged the bootloader which clearly isn't the case if the receiver gets to the point where you can ftp into it. If the bootloader was damaged the box wouldn't do anything at all, it would just be a zombie.

The XP1000 i had worked fine with Kingston and Sandisk pensticks but only my 4gb ones, it wouldn't look at any of my pensticks above 4gb.

In all honesty I cant see what your planning to do working. You haven't stated what image was on the box before, which version or which build. I would suggest trying to flash the factory image back to the box first and then go from there. The link for that image is below.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...image-05-11-12

Format your penstick to fat32, unzip the above file on to your pc.

Copy over to your usb penstick the whole folder XP1000 from the unzipped folder on your pc, it should contain the following files.

imageversion
    kernel.bin
    noforce
    rootfs.bin

If the file does not have the folder XP1000 then it isn't going to work.
    Last edited by manicscrewdriver; 29-03-16 at 23:31.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

johnrichard (30-03-16)