Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plugin Development - Settings - Help needed

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daviemck View Post
    So I'd really like to know how to remove the setting all together.
    Just remove all references to it from your code (the fact that it still exists in settings isn't an issue at this point).
    Then stop enigma2 (init 4), edit /etc/enigma2/settings with a Unix text editor and remove the line, then restart enigma2 (init 3).

Since it's only you who has the setting, don't over-complicate its removal by trying to write code to do it.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Just remove all references to it from your code (the fact that it still exists in settings isn't an issue at this point).
    Then stop enigma2 (init 4), edit /etc/enigma2/settings with a Unix text editor and remove the line, then restart enigma2 (init 3).

Since it's only you who has the setting, don't over-complicate its removal by trying to write code to do it.
    Ahh, I've seen that init 4 command used elsewhere, but didn't know what that did. I will try this and let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Ahh, I've seen that init 4 command used elsewhere, but didn't know what that did.
    It changes the run state of the init process (pid 1 - the one which started everything up).
    If you look in /etc/inittab you'll see that enigma2 is set to run in state 3 (and set to be restarted - which is why you can't just kill the process).
    So changing the run level to 4 gets the init process to stop it. Changing it back to 3 gets it started up again.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Ahh, I've seen that init 4 command used elsewhere, but didn't know what that did. I will try this and let you know how I get on.
    Code:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12