Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No kodi update on Vix 4.0

Title
    Thanks

No kodi update on Vix 4.0

Unfortunately our brilliant Vix team decided not to include updated kodi in their Vix 4.0, which is a real disappointment.I can understand they probably didn't want to take extra responsibility of maintaining a third party app on their image? I am surprised how other developers are doing it for their concerning images & specially vix backup images?
    I am very happy with my Vix image but only wished if kodi had been updated to make full use of my box.
    I think way forward for people like myself will be to live with vix backup image for now........

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    How did you reach the conclusion that a decison was made to not include it?

Replacing and overwriting files is one thing. Installing files is another. Compiling/building files along with other files without having a clash with other files including dependencies is a different thing altogether.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    How did you reach the conclusion that a decison was made to not include it?
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    my concern about ffmpeg may be wrong, might not be needed at all
    i will test tonight
    I guess I got the wrong impression there?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If people want kodi on there box then I can't see a problem with using vix backup image. I use my Mutant for what it is supposed to be used for , there are vast amounts of equipment to view kodi and I have a Firestick for that purpose .Don't let's get bogged down with stuff and expect mods and others to keep kodi up to date. I ain't having a go at people wanting kodi on there box but for the sake of a few quid I would rather my Mutant do what it was built for.
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bazzer For This Useful Post:

Blu-ray (23-03-16),Mr. Mister (23-03-16),rossi2000 (23-03-16),ukbob (23-03-16)

Title
    Thanks
    If you want kodi you should go for a fire stick or android box I used to use kodi, tsmedia on Linux but can be hit of miss at times with the fire stick it works well, for me I didn't buy my receiver for kodi,

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to casuk For This Useful Post:

Bazzer (23-03-16),craig1979 (23-03-16),john doe (23-03-16),Mr. Mister (23-03-16)

Title
    Thanks
    I appreciate all the suggestions advising me to buy a stick or an android box etc, but you are missing the point.Will you advise me to buy an antena, a free view box as well as an enigma box because they all work a bit differently & I shouldn't expect all these functions to be combined in one box & should only use my box for satellite channels only? I don't think so? If my box is capable of running an updated kodi software which will save me from having an extra hardware then why not ?As it has been done by openSpa, openATV.
    I know some of you will be telling me to use them instead of vix but it is a matter of my choice.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mskhan01 For This Useful Post:

andy0000 (05-04-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    fair enough

wait for your vix 4.0 backup.
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    fair enough

wait for your vix 4.0 backup.
    Looking forward to it, can't wait for it to be released......best of both Worlds
    Last edited by mskhan01; 23-03-16 at 17:07.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Or learn to compile it yourself instead of looking to be spoon fed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

stuff.hunter (30-03-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mskhan01 View Post
    I appreciate all the suggestions advising me to buy a stick or an android box etc, but you are missing the point.Will you advise me to buy an antena, a free view box as well as an enigma box because they all work a bit differently & I shouldn't expect all these functions to be combined in one box & should only use my box for satellite channels only? I don't think so? If my box is capable of running an updated kodi software which will save me from having an extra hardware then why not ?As it has been done by openSpa, openATV.
    I know some of you will be telling me to use them instead of vix but it is a matter of my choice.
    I think along the same lines, I have an et10k thinking I have the hardware to run kodi but there's just to much changing of images update ect to be stable 100% of the time so I bit the bullet and bought a fire stick just for kodi and I'm glad I did, it would be great to have all my media watching needs in one box and at time that's what iv had, but now that I'm using kodi more and more I want it to work when I want to watch stuff without messing around, hence the fire stick in fact if you want everything in one box buy a fire stick it has everything you need even sly

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by casuk View Post
    if you want everything in one box buy a fire stick it has everything you need even sly
    PMSL! So a Firestick works like your ET10000 as a satellite TV PVR with Autotimers, AutobouquetsMaker, timeshift, need I go on.... think not...
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Not exactly but I can watch all the same content on the fire stick plex, Netflix, prime ect, for tv recording ect I use my receiver the reason I bought it for, just like I bought the fire stick for, kodi and streaming
    Last edited by casuk; 23-03-16 at 18:58.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Not exactly but I can watch all the same content on the fire stick plex, Netflix, prime ect, for tv recording ect I use my receiver the reason I bought it for, just like I bought the fire stick for, kodi and streaming
    Thats my point, there is no device out there that can fully do both. No Enigma 2 Kodi plugin is never going to fully work.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Or learn to compile it yourself instead of looking to be spoon fed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am not here to disrespect the hard work vix team has been putting into these images, I was simply trying to encourage them to consider it for any future updates of vix.I wish I had the skills like yours then I wouldn't be asking here anyway.Once again big thanks to all of you who contributed. I have got my answer & I won't be asking you again about it.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If you want kodi you should go for a fire stick or android box I used to use kodi, tsmedia on Linux but can be hit of miss at times with the fire stick it works well, for me I didn't buy my receiver for kodi,
    Don't!!! Everyone knows the best way to run kodi with its full features is not in Android and yes that includes fire sticks, even the kodi devs are having right royal bust ups over kodi on android, android was never intended to be a media OS, the patches, workarounds and fudges and lack of basic features in the android api make it a total dog, run it in windows or Linux, at least refresh rate switching and bitstream audio work.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (23-03-16),stuff.hunter (31-03-16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast