Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samsung Kills 3D

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I have the curved LG OLED 4K tv and that is amazing. Its a supple curve and wherever you sit you can see the picture clearly unlike the LED equivalents. The PQ is superb, even the SD picture. As they say, its AmazeBALLS!! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would be interested if anyone out there has one of the new range of Tv's that has HDR. (high dynamic range).
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,917 Times in 3,254 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Obviously you haven't seen mine.......

They are a fad and they going to disappear. The only reason for the curve is to give a more "cinema" experience. And the only reason for a curved screen in a cinema is so they can use a cheap lens on the projector and still have the whole screen in focus.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    They are a fad and they going to disappear. The only reason for the curve is to give a more "cinema" experience. And the only reason for a curved screen in a cinema is so they can use a cheap lens on the projector and still have the whole screen in focus.
    Like I've said, you've obviously not seen a quality curved tv, especially my OLED curved one. Admittedly the LED curved ones are shit, but OLED is a completely different experience, absolutely awesome viewing.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As mentioned in a prior post the curved tv is a personal choice that suits your viewing environment. But I have to say the LG 4k OLED is the best Tv out there at the moment.
    Edision OS MINI,

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah I know n it certainly is a different kettle of fish.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,

I was thinking about one of these

Samsung 65ks8000 £1799 using code 4K tv £1,799.00 @ Currys
    4k Ultra HD picture is up to 4 times the resolution of HD
    HDR displays brighter colours and greater contrast
    Access 4k content on Netflix & Amazon Prime
    Tuner: Twin Freeview HD & Twin Freesat HD
    Connectivity: HDMI x 4

Any Good?

On the hotukdeals site they seem to think that the HD upscaler is very good. If this is the case then the lack 4k content should be less of a problem??

YO

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    This is the Which review of the 55 inch model. It has got a best buy status.

With just the 9-series above it, the Samsung UE55KS8000 is getting mighty close to the top-of-the-range and it has the price tag to match. It certainly shows off its premium prowess with sound quality - there's few which sound better - but it must also deliver perfect picture quality to earn a Best Buy award.

PROS Exceptional sound, great HD picture, bags of features and connections
    CONS Expensive, no Freeview Play, poor on-board controls, no Scart socket
    It matches that near impeccable sound with very good picture quality, comfortably surpassing the Best Buy cut-off. With both premium features and performance, this is a TV worth blowing the budget on.

What is it?
    It's a 55-inch non-curved TV from Samsung. It has both a Freeview HD tuner and a Freesat-licenced satellite HD tuner. It also supports 4K and 4K HDR content - 4K being the common phrase for ultra-high definition resolution, or UHD as it is sometimes known. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range, said to give brighter whites, darker blacks and more subtlety in tone variation in between.
    Although you'll now find a reasonable amount of 4K content on offer, on both streaming services (note, some are subscription based) and Sky, HDR content remains sparse, limited to a few shows on Netflix and Amazon and a dozen or so Blu-rays which must be played through a HDR-compatible Blu-ray player.
    With the twin tuner PVR, you'll be able to watch one programme while recording another (so long as you plug in a USB hard drive to save your recordings). The built-in wi-fi receiver means you can connect to your wireless network out of the box and unlock Samsung's smart-TV system. This gives you access to catch-up and streaming apps, such as BBC iPlayer and Netflix.
    What's the picture quality like?
    At its best when showing HD content, with Freeview HD, Freesat HD and plenty of HDMI ports, you should definitely be able to make use of this TVs strongest aspect. You can expect HD pictures to be sharp, with nicely balanced colours that look natural.
    It's even sharper for 4K, putting those extra pixels to good use. But here, issues arise with the colour balance, meaning it can't quite match the performance seen during HD. Colours are a little unnaturally warm with a slight bias toward green tones in some areas, too. It's a similar story with HDR too, but with the addition of some loss of detail in darker regions.
    Motion is handled well throughout, so if you're a sports fan this might be one for you. But if you're having a big group of friends round to watch the match, be wary that the viewing angle isn't as wide as some other sets.
    What about the sound?
    We don't have a bad word to say about the sound from the UE55KS8000. It's got the bass to add depth and richness to movie scores, without over-powering the mid-ranges or treble. In fact, it handles high notes equally adeptly.
    That said, if you already have a sound bar or a home cinema system you want to hook up, you can make use of the HDMI connection or digital audio output. The bonus of Bluetooth means you can connect any compatible speakers wirelessly, too.
    Is there anything I should look out for?
    It's an easy TV to use. The set turns on quickly, but changing channels can feel a touch sluggish. You get two remotes - the standard, basic remote is OK, but a bit on the small side and the main keys are rather crushed in together. The smart remote has an on-screen pointer activated by placing pressure on a trackpad. It's useful for navigating, but the remote itself has virtually no physical buttons and, overall, it feels like it has been oversimplified in pursuit of a good-looking design. If you lose the remote, too, the controls on the TV itself are tricky to locate and not very well labelled when you do find them.
    The electronic programme guide (EPG) has a good layout, with well-presented information on what's available to watch across a timeline format. It's a simple system to use, but with LG and Panasonic (Freeview Play), and Sony (YouView) adopting EPGs with built-in catch-up TV, Samsung is starting to look a bit behind the times on that score.
    Is there anything else I should know?
    Connect the TV to the internet using the built-in wi-fi and you can unlock the Samsung Tizen smart-TV service. The platform was launched last year, but Samsung has tweaked it in 2016 so that the launcher bar displays related content depending on the app or service. Using the bar to access things like Netflix is nice and simple, and overall the smart menu system is a breeze to get around, particularly with the smart remote.
    The PVR feature is well designed and useful, enabling you to pause and record live TV just for the cost of a USB storage device. It's easy to set recordings via the EPG, but the record button isn't straightforward at first to find on the remote. It's simple to find and play back recordings in the smart menu, though.
    You get four HDMI ports on the TV, which should be enough for most people's needs. There's also an ample three USB sockets, but no Scart, so bear that in mind if you want to connect an older device such as a video recorder. All the connections you do get are housed in a neat standalone box, which means that you can hide away the cable clutter.
    Should I buy it?
    Absolutely. It may be expensive but if you're in the market for a top-ticket TV, this is one worthy of your money. It justifies the price tag with exceptional performance throughout, particularly for sound quality.
    Edision OS MINI,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley69 For This Useful Post:

Yellow Ostrich (10-10-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Ive just bought a samsung 4k 49inch curved 2016 9000 series & so far im well impressed, it running my edision os mini on cable box direct & my vu solo2 through my xbox one s & with my nvidia shield tv running at 4k 60htz.

The next thing on my shopping list will be a decent 4k box for either sat or cable maybe both any reccomends anyone.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well i don't know what that has to do with 3D, but recently i have got back into 3D after buying a Zidoo X9S, i had never really tried 3D on My Samsung 65" curved but after buying this player and Trying a few new titles i love it.
    Star Wars The Force Awakens on 2D blu ray was only just enjoyable IMO.
    In 3D i freakin love it, it's my best Star Wars film.
    Star Trek Beyond was better in 3D than on 4k UHD blu ray IMO as well, and don't get me started on The Secret Life Of Pets.

With the right gear and the right titles 3D is good, it's just that to achieve that level is beyond most consumers that is why it died.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Thanks
    When the industry moved on to 4K
    resolution it did not even bother to develop a 4K 3D standard, so 3D in
    the living room has been stuck on HD resolution."

So , Your asking the for the industry to make a standard for something that does not exist yet. 3D Movies will get up scaled to 4K just like 99.5% of 2D movies will.

3D is now here to stay , Customers will want to see 2 of the highest grossing 3D movies since Avatar ..... Jurassic Park and Star Wars The Force Awakens in 3D like they saw it in the theater. (Not to mention The Martian and Mad Max.)

Title
    Thanks
    I love my 3D films.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12