Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Receiver quandry..

Title
    Thanks

Receiver quandry..

I've ordered a Mutant HD2400 today, but I'm questioning if I have made the right choice!

I've been out of the satellite scene for a few years, but am used to having the high end receivers (I had DM8000 and back in the analogue days an Echostar LT8700!) I've had so many different satellite receivers, and kept changing them every few month that the missus was threatening to divorce me at one point :-p

I even had a HTPC running Mediaportal that served up live tv at one stage. This time round I want to keep it relatively simple.

I'm familiar with Enigma and linux so none of it is a learning curve really, more of a refresher.

I've noticed though, that the images for the Mutant seem to be quite limited (as in there are fewer which are compatible) back when I had my DM8000 I ran images like Blackhole and there were loads of different ones.

I don't really need transcoding features, as I have an Nvidia Shield TV next to the TV also, but want to make sure the box has a fast processor. I also need to have 3 DVB-S2 tuners eventually. I have a USALS dish, although not sure if it works still!

So.. before it gets dispatched, have I made the right choice or is there something better or more suitable I should consider getting it changed to?

I ummed and ahhhed between the Mutant and the Xtrend ET10000 and then also looked at the Gigablue, Miraclebox etc.. still not sure I have made the right choice!

Cheers!

Title
    Thanks
    The mutant is an excellent receiver. It runs vix well, and Tbh vix is the only image I've ever found to do what I want with minimal hassle. Enjoy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Useful Post:

psykix (14-02-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Or go with the et8000 which will cover your needs
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    I'm not looking to save any money really - just make sure that I have chosen the best receiver in that price bracket.

I could have got the Gigablue HD Quad+ with all 3 DVB-S2 tuners for the same price.

I'd rather be overspecced than underspecced. Don't wanna have to upgrade for at least 12 months :-p

Title
    Thanks
    You can be very pleased with what you have. The only other one of the same type I'd recommend is the vu+ Duo2.

Title
    Thanks
    If you want a good choice of images, stylish design and good build quality - you have to choose a Vu+ receiver. I have 4 Vu+ boxes and am really happy with them. I also have Technomate and Golden Interstar boxes and wish i hadn't wasted my money - you get what you pay for!

Title
    Thanks
    The Vu+ Duo2 isn't in stock, so unfortunately wasn't an option.

Also, last time I had a receiver with a colour display on it, I spent ages trying to get it to look nice and then never bothered to look at it!

I've been having a look at OpenVIX and it seems like the Mutant with that image will fit the bill for me :-)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I got a mutant hd2400 and it is a fantastic box it's fast and has never let me down yet. I ain't no whiz kid with these boxes and I only have a fixed dish and have always run vix images and I would have no hesitation in recommending to anyone. The only issue I have is the remote but I use a harmony 650 remote for all my stuff .
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bazzer For This Useful Post:

psykix (15-02-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    The Mut@nt HD2400 is an excellent receiver, you have chosen well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psykix View Post
    I'm not looking to save any money really - just make sure that I have chosen the best receiver in that price bracket.

I could have got the Gigablue HD Quad+ with all 3 DVB-S2 tuners for the same price.

I'd rather be overspecced than underspecced. Don't wanna have to upgrade for at least 12 months :-p
    I am sure you will be happy with the Mut@nt, but wasn,t trying to save you money .... If you don,t need hardware transcoding, hdmi in, 4 tuners and a 2nd Lan connection, then the Et8000 is a better box than Mut@nt and ET10000 ...... at a great price.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

13. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

psykix (15-02-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzer View Post
    I got a mutant hd2400 and it is a fantastic box it's fast and has never let me down yet. I ain't no whiz kid with these boxes and I only have a fixed dish and have always run vix images and I would have no hesitation in recommending to anyone. The only issue I have is the remote but I use a harmony 650 remote for all my stuff .
    Yeah, I have a Harmony Ultimate so won't be using the remote either.