Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Outputs to Slingbox or streaming alternatives?

Title
    Thanks

Outputs to Slingbox or streaming alternatives?

I had my old Vu+ Duo linked up to a Slingbox for away from home streaming (the RCA outputs fro the Vu+ hooked up to the Slingbox).

My own fault for not checking, but I hadn't realised that the 4k box has only one HDMI output. Does anyone have any hints as to how I might get around this or where to look to ditch the Slingbox (can leave it connected to my Sky box) and set up away from home streaming?

eg anyone any experience with a 4k HDMI splitter like this one? :LINDY splitter

Title
    Thanks
    the 4k box is capable of doing this without the need for any other hardware. cant help you on how to set it up, as I haven't done it myself, but it was one of the reasons I upgraded from my original vu+ duo after I got fibre broadband installed

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    if noone beside you is using the box the internal trancoder will help. The problem with the 4K is that the box must be in StandBy to use the transcoder so noone else can watch anything while transcoded streaming.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the answers which have been useful. Any further ideas though where I go to set up the internal transcoding and streaming outside home network (wouldn't matter if the box is in standby as would be used when me/family are away from home)? Of course there's nothing in the 4k manual on this and not a lot of forum info on this aspect of the 4k yet.

Title
    Thanks
    the setup will be the same for all receivers running the relevant image ie vix setup will be the same regardless of whether its transcoding from a 4k, solo duo etc or any other box running vix with streaming capabilities. try expanding your search to how to stream from the image your using rather than searching for the model of receiver. hope that makes sense.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks much appreciated. Starting to search ...