Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: update icon keeps flashing although just updated

Title
    Thanks

update icon keeps flashing although just updated

Hi all

noticed over day the update icon on the OSD ( i think thats what u call it) was flashing so i went into the software settings menu and clicked to check for updates, it backed everything up and restarted my box

upon it coming back on perfectly fine nothing seems updated and the update icon still keeps flashing, when i go into the update menu and it searching it keeps coming back saying 13 packages with updates found

so i keep pressing for the update and it restarts the box as normal but nothing

using the latest version of openvix

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You need to flash via usb or via image manager and then restore your settings/plugins when prompted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    What image did you update from? Have you actually read this force read thread? http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...de-coming-soon
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    hi i think it was openvix 3.0.32 if i remember corectly, when i updated the box, i did so via usb as i downloaded the file on my computer then put it onto a pendrive then flashed

Title
    Thanks
    That's a old image that's why do a fresh reflash to openvix 3 2 036 MUST BE FRESH!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkross View Post
    That's a old image that's why do a fresh reflash to openvix 3 2 036 MUST BE FRESH!

No no i meant i updated from 3.2.32 or something like that to 3.2.036 iv just used the image manager and downloaded 3.2.036 and flashed it but still says theirs an update

so i downloaded 3.2.036 put it on pen drive and flashed that and yet it stilll says their is an update

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    How can you flash the latest image and still have updates showing. Something must not have gone right.

Issue the following command (paste it) and post back the results. A guide to issuing the command is in my signature.
    Code:
    opkg update && opkg list-upgradable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    How can you flash the latest image and still have updates showing. Something must not have gone right.

Issue the following command (paste it) and post back the results. A guide to issuing the command is in my signature.
    Code:
    opkg update && opkg list-upgradable
    Untitled 1.jpg

hope this helps.

took a photo of the image info screen it says

version: 3.2
    build: 036
    image type: release
    skin name: vix-night-HD
    drivers: 2015-12-01
    kernal: 3.13.5
    Gstreamer: 1.7.1 (GIT)
    phython: 2.7.9
    installed: 2015-12-29
    last update: 2016-01-28

Title
    Thanks
    it does not help. please use that command in putty

Title
    Thanks

update icon keeps flashing although just upd

Apologies, your picture does help. I posted from phone and did not see the screenshot you posted and only saw reference to a screenshot of the image info. Noting was mentioned about a picture of the command output. Text would have been better than the picture.

You have Ocram's picons. You will get an update notification whenever there is an update for his picons. It will show one update, but not what it is. If this bothers you, uninstall his picon feeds. The picons will remain even if the feeds are removed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

kryton (12-02-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I am having the same issue so following the previous post with Putty I get a bunch of downloads followed by:
    Not selecting libgstaudio-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstrtp-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstpbutils-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstvideo-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstriff-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstcodecparsers-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstadaptivedemux-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting gstreamer1.0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgsttag-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstsdp-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgsturidownloader-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstrtsp-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.

Hope this helps?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pellodom View Post
    Hi, I am having the same issue so following the previous post with Putty I get a bunch of downloads followed by:
    Not selecting libgstaudio-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstrtp-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstpbutils-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstvideo-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstriff-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstcodecparsers-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstadaptivedemux-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting gstreamer1.0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgsttag-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstsdp-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgsturidownloader-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    Not selecting libgstrtsp-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.

Hope this helps?
    Task 1.
    Make a settings backup

Task 2
    Flash/install 036 image

Task 3
    Restore settings and plugins

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

pellodom (10-02-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Task 1.
    Make a settings backup

Task 2
    Flash/install 036 image

Task 3
    Restore settings and plugins
    Tasks 1,2 & 3 Done & all settings/plugins restored = Problem Solved

Thanks

OP should follow this advice IT WORKS!!!!!!!

1_0_19_52D0_814_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    OP had two different "issues".

1st one. was the same as yours. Going by post 6, he has resolved this.

2nd one. He just has to update to get the updated picons or uninstall the picon feeds.

Title
    Thanks
    OP had two different "issues".

1st one. was the same as yours. Going by post 6, he has resolved this.

2nd one. He just has to update to get the updated picons or uninstall the picon feeds.
    Sorry but I got the impression that like me he had got what already looked like an update from 032 to 036 when looking at the box info but was still being prompted for an update.
    My original update was done from 'Software Update' & not 'Vix> Image manager'
    Here is the full putty output I got prior to the successful update following your suggestion:

vuduo2 login: root
    root@vuduo2:~# opkg update && opkg list-upgradable
    Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...ty/Packages.gz.
    Inflating http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...ty/Packages.gz.
    Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-3rdparty.
    Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...ll/Packages.gz.
    Inflating http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...ll/Packages.gz.
    Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-all.
    Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...el/Packages.gz.
    Inflating http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...el/Packages.gz.
    Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-mips32el.
    Downloading http://picons.xyz/feed/Packages.gz.
    Inflating http://picons.xyz/feed/Packages.gz.
    Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/piconsxyz-picons.
    Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...o2/Packages.gz.
    Inflating http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...o2/Packages.gz.
    Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-vuduo2.
    Downloading http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...ty/Packages.gz.
    Inflating http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/openv...ty/Packages.gz.
    Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-vuduo2_3rdparty.
    Not selecting libgstapp-1.0-0 1.6.1 as installing it would break existing dependencies.
    root@vuduo2:~#
    Last edited by pellodom; 10-02-16 at 18:57. Reason: typos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast