Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Virgin media are poor

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

Virgin media are poor

These are my speedtest results

Apparently this is normal. I should be getting 50Mbs. I rang up and the person said everything is normal. He then said some work is taking place after allegedly speaking to someone. I should be expecting these speeds until the end of the month.

Whn I asked him to cput me through to teh person he spoke to, call miraculously never got through. Although he was able to speak to them instantly first time. Lying imbecile.

They then cut the call.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Wow. Your upload speed is still faster than mine! lol

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    I've been having issues for months with connection dying overnight, reboot of modem does not even fix, don't come back online until later the following morning. Happened 4 times now since xmas.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    You've got me worried now. Just ordered the 50mb through uSwitch. I'm in area 22. Which are you in? Should say on your setup email/bill. I only ask as see you're also in London and looks like not far from me...

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post

Apparently this is normal. I should be getting 50Mbs. I rang up and the person said everything is normal. He then said some work is taking place after allegedly speaking to someone. I should be expecting these speeds until the end of the month.

Whn I asked him to cput me through to teh person he spoke to, call miraculously never got through. Although he was able to speak to them instantly first time. Lying imbecile.

They then cut the call.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you ppl having problems joined the Virgin community forums ? if so look in the speed section there are hundreds and hundreds of ppl with what they call 'utilisation' problems, in other words they are over selling capacity in many areas. It is a user forum but VM staff do frequent so post and ask if there is a capacity issue in your area. Be aware though it can take up to 5 days for staff to answer so don't bump your thread otherwise it will go to the bottom of the pile.

If you should have a 'utilisation' issue they ask you to post modem stats to check all is in order your end, then they fob you off with what they call review dates which get pushed back and back and an actual fix date could be months and months away, even years. They do offer monthly discounts if you have a problem but you have call up monthly to get it.

If not already done so set up a Think Broadband quality monitor and you will see how bad things really are with your connection.

That was my situation a year ago this month when I swapped to VDSL and would never go back to VM, this gives me a very stable 75/18 connection 24/7.

BTW if you do leave VM they leave you connected in the hope you will go back so you can still receive the FTA TV

deleted
    Tell them to send you a free license of a WAP browser, to make their internet connection useful.

Attachment 46445

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There is definitely a major issue Abu. Even accounting for utilisation your speeds would not drop this low.
    What are your power levels like on the router? Upstream and Downstream
    Octagon SF8008 4K, VU+Duo 2..
    Edision OS MINI,

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashley69 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (12-01-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post

They then cut the call.
    There CS always has been sh1te, how there still in business i'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    I've been having issues for months with connection dying overnight, reboot of modem does not even fix, don't come back online until later the following morning. Happened 4 times now since xmas.
    There hubs are really sensitive to signal levels, if there too high or too low it causes big problems with dropping connection.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (12-01-16)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    I know virgin are slighty different than any other provider..

But if im ever asked which provider to use.. I always give them the same answer..

Always BT.. Reason is very simple....

If you need an electrician.. Why would you call a plumber..??

In other words.. Always go straight to source..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

Dark Cloud (11-01-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks

speed

Hi

Virgin been quite stable here get the odd drop in the evening but nothing to worry about as it could be
    demand on home network with pc's satellite and iptv all running
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    never had a problem with my Virgin internet i regularly get over 80meg from my 100meg broadband and getting upped to 150meg next week

Title
    Thanks
    Abu That Connection Is 100 Times Slower Than Mine, Both In Download And Ping Test... I'd Go On Their Forum And The Staff Will Arrange An Engineer To Call... Ringing Them Is Useless... You'll Get A Reply And Action Taken Very Fast On The Forum...

As For BT, They Are Daylight Robbers... If You Have A Problem, They Threaten You With A £100 Call Out Charge For Their Engineer If The Fault Is Within Your Property...

4987809141.png

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pac2000 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (12-01-16),johnrichard (12-01-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pac2000 View Post
    As For BT, They Are Daylight Robbers... If You Have A Problem, They Threaten You With A £100 Call Out Charge For Their Engineer If The Fault Is Within Your Property...
    ... so if it's your problem, not BT's, what do you expect?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    ... so if it's your problem, not BT's, what do you expect?
    If you're not a telecommunications engineer, how would you know?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    BT can usually work out where the problem is over the phone.
    If the external wiring has failed, or there's a fault on a substation, they'll know.
    If your BT router/modem isn't working they'll suggest things to try, and if it still doesn't work its probably a router hardware fault.
    If you're using your own router then it's not their problem.
    Not much else can go wrong, as far as BT is concerned.