Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Found a way to stream from Vix to Amazon Fire Stick

Title
    Thanks

Found a way to stream from Vix to Amazon Fire Stick

Apologies if this isnt in the right section,

Ive found a way without mods using the VIX images to stream from my Gigablue box to my Amazon Fire Stick so thought id share. Its a quick and dirty solution that could do with refining but happy ive got it to work with some trial and error

The Summary is Enable ADB Debugging and Allow Apps from Unknown Sources, Install ES File Explorer, Sideload Kodi for Video Playback (Couldnt get VLC etc to complete the stream) Add Bookmark to OpenWebIf.

I didnt use a PC or MAC to complete this, although I can see how it could simplify things.

Firstly on the Fire Stick complete the following to allow Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources

• Go into Settings
    • Then scroll accross and select System
    • Scroll down and select Developer Options
    • Now slect to turn on the two options (ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources)

Once this has been completed install the free ES File Explorer tool from the Amazon app store.
    Now to get video playback to work smoothly we need to sideload Kodi.

To do that open ES File Explorer

Navigate to the Favorite part of the menu on the left and expand it, now click add and click the select button when you see the popup box with Path displayed.

Using the onscreen keyboard type in the following web address:
    http://kodi.tv/download

Once complete scroll and select the next button

On the following screen use the on screen keypad to key in:
    Kodi

Once again scroll and select the next button and you should be returned to the previous screen and in the Favorites part of the menu.
    Now Scroll down and at the bottom of the list you should see the bookmark labelled Kodi that youve just added. Now click Ok and you should see the website load on the right hand panel.

Now use the remote and navigate the the Android ARM apk link and click on it to start the download
    (As pictured below)
    kodi.jpg
    Once its downloaded (Youll see a progress bar) click on the Open File option and then Install, and then Install once again

Wait for it to complete the install and then that stage is done.

Now repeating part of the process before we need to create a bookmark to the OpenWebIf webpage on your box thats running VIX

So navigate back into the Favorites section, select add and then add in the following into the path replacing the X's with the ip address your your reciever

http://x.x.x.x/index?mode=fullpage

Again select next and give it a suitable bookmark label in the Name field, select Add.

Now you can go and select your newly created bookmark and youll see the OpenWebIf page open in the right hand panel. Now using the remote select the TV icon next to the currently displayed TV channel as pictured below

tv.PNG

This will then open a prompt asking what you wish to open the file with. Select Kodi (and if you choose make this the default by clicking the tickbox) and then voila it will open and after a few seconds of buffering stream

The only downside to this ive found so far are im using a remote controll app on my phone or tablet to change the channel on the reciever so I can select that as the open channel and the aspect ratio desont always seem 100% Its working great and very stable on any Standard Definition channels, but a bit hit and miss on HD channels. My initial research seems to indicate this is a limitation of the Fire Stick rather than anything else.

Im now dabbling a little more with Kodi to create playlists of the bouquets as detailed elsewhere on the forum, but for something a little more than a sidethought whilst bored the other night and without access to a computer was really pleased with the results.

Hope this helps or inspires someone else

2. The Following User Says Thank You to suityou69 For This Useful Post:

twol (31-12-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Why not just load the VU+ pvr addon in kodi, it's the way most fire stick users do it and it will even change channel.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

suityou69 (31-12-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Why not just load the VU+ pvr addon in kodi, it's the way most fire stick users do it and it will even change channel.
    I didn't know about that! Does it work with any enigma 2 boxes or restricted to vu boxes

Typical I find the longest route!!

Thanks for the tip

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The VU+ PVR addon in Kodi is unstable and is described as such. I've tried it on my Shield tablet and it keeps losing the connection. On my Shield TV I've got it running but struggle to get video output to my LG 4K TV. I think it may be outputting from the Shield TV at too high a resolution for the LG to cope with. Will have another play around and see if I can get it to work.
    As for using OpenWebIf when I click on the TV icon I just get a downloading message, this is on the Shield TV through the browser in ES File Explorer.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    it depends on what you are trying to stream i think, sd seems to work better, mp4 sat streams in hd also, mpeg2 HD cable streams are terrible.
    VM will soon switch most sky HD streams to mp4 (but not all).
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sill having no luck, trying to stream SD channels from my duo through my Shield TV. LG giving a message of "Ultra HD at 50P not supported"

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    is it an old UHD which only supports 25/30Hz through HDMI? Try setting the shield to 25Hz.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Or side load the Vu Player android app! Did mine about 6 months ago

Title
    Thanks
    I had no problems with kodi but the easiest solution if you want to view on a second to is remote channel stream converter way faster and excellent picture, for tablet vu player does the job

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gibbletts For This Useful Post:

suityou69 (02-01-16)