Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Remove network Mount (mnt>net)

Title
    Thanks

Remove network Mount (mnt>net)

I copied settings from one box to another, when setting 2nd box in my home. I had mounts set up on my original box and so this copied over.

*I removed them via the inter interface, under System>Network>Mount setup> Mount Manger...

*I also FTP'd t etc>enigma2 and managed to delete the automounts.xml (saves passwords in plain view!) and network.cache files... but the box still shows up my NAS drive and 2nd Box on the Location (in file list).

*If I try to delete the actual contents of the folder called net, it starts deleting contents from my NAS.

I am just concerned it poses a security risk if it is saving password credentials, if I set one up for family/friend for example. I also don't want the mounts showing up on all boxes if I add another box in my home when I copy settings over. I have customised a lot so I need to copy settings over via backup restore. The only thing I don't want copied is network logins, ip addresses, names/passwords.

How do I safely remove network mounts from a box?

Title
    Thanks
    so, you remove the mounts via mount manager, reboot the box, and the mounts are still there? strange.