Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Any guides on how to mount HDD in my main box as my HDD mount in my 2nd box

Title
    Thanks

Any guides on how to mount HDD in my main box as my HDD mount in my 2nd box

Hello All,

Hope you can help - here is the issue.

I have an ET9000 running the latest vix in my living room with a HDD mounted which works great. I have purchased a Mutant 1200HD for my bedroom (no wires allowed) and I can stream it using fall back tuner option, and have my NAS mounted with no problem, but I cant mount the HDD from my ET9000? How on gods plain earth do I do this? Any guides or help?

Even with my NAS mounted, I can only watch the films on that I cant record to it, or timeshift using it ? How do I get a network mount to work as a "HDD mount". In the mount option I have selected use as HDD but still doesnt work.

THanks,

FP.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Have you NFS installed?
    Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> NFS Setup.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Also you need to give the box read/write permissions on the NAS NFS Permission setup

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks both!! Yeah got the mount working.,.,,, Got the USB done okay, but not the HDD - but will try again it would of been something I was doing.

Anyways, that led to another problem. Once the USB was mounted I pressed the .. button when looking what was on the mounted USB, but then it crashed. I have the crash log, but dont know what to do with it.

Another quick question, is becuase the Mutant 1200 is running over Wifi if I do a reflash, can I install the driver somehow via USB?

THanks,

FP/

Title
    Thanks
    Hello All,

Well i found a link from someone previous on how to remove the bookmarks by FTP'ing to my box. Box is not crashing now. All okay...... So you can all sleep at night now, no Horlicks required.....

Still not sure about the reflashing though....