Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Harmony 650 and ET 9000

Title
    Thanks

Harmony 650 and ET 9000

Hello All,

Is there a button on the remote for Filelist? Or do I have to set up a shortcut on the RC? Also, any activity based things that I should setup - any advice greatly welcomed?

How is it on batteries, should I invest in rechargables or are Duracell (other makes available) good to last in there?

Thanks,

FP

Title
    Thanks
    Just had a look through the instrcutions, and maybe I am missing this, but I cant see how to assign a key to something. On the actual control there is no key for TV, so you can press it, and get up the TV boquet menu? Can this be done??

Or is there a long press of another button that will bring it up?

I know I can access by going into the menu - but that may be longer winded.
    Ta,

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    have you been on the website for the harmony 650 and programme it that way. https://support.myharmony.com/en-gb/...ort%20homepage . Have a look here
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Flyingpig

This is an activity-based remote and they can seem daunting to set up for the first time.

First off, add all of the devices that you want to control. The 650 used to be restricted to 5 devices but has now been extended to 8 devices. The Logitech database is pretty comprehensive with only a few obscure devices missing. Don't worry about the odd missing button here or there - you can go back and address that later.

Next, you will need to define your activities. Say, watch tv, watch a dvd, listen to music. Or you can set up your own custom activity. So, in one of my rooms, I have a TV, sat box and AV amp. Since we only ever watch satellite channels, I just call that activity "Watch TV". You are then guided through the process of how your devices are operated when you press the watch tv button. IE, turn on tv and set it to the correct HDMI port, switch on the sat box, and finally switch on the AV receiver and set that to the correct input. You will also teach the remote what device is changed for things like volume. For me that means that the av receiver volume should be changed, and not the tv or sat box.

When you are in one of those activities, you can add some custom buttons that will appear in the small screen and you can map these to any buttons from your Xtrend remote. I added buttons for "Planner" (for your recordings), "Bouquet List" which is the same as the TV button on the original remote. I also added buttons for Subtitles and Audio. Those buttons will appear in the screen while you continue to use that particular activity. Also, whilst in an activity, there is a label at the bottom of the screen called devices and when you hit the button adjacent to that, you can select an individual device and control that separately.

Stick with it mate because you will soon start to find your way around. And if you do mess up, you can easily go back and alter any of the settings that are not to your liking afterwards.

So far as batteries are concerned, I wouldn't worry about rechargeable ones. It is like a lot of things and will depend how much use it gets but for me, even ones that are heavily used are fine for a few months. Oh - you can alter the backlight timeout to further increase battery life if you want.

Hope that helps.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clabs For This Useful Post:

Flyingpig (25-11-15)