Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No signal on sky channels.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Signal/reception issue = you can selct chanenl but get a tune failed message
    Software error/mistmatch as mentioned above= you get messages about something being wrong, and some channels being greyed out.

lamedb file is located in /etc/enigma2/
    user version of satellites.xml is located in /etc/enigma2/
    system version of satellutes.xml is located in /etc/tuxbox/
    both of the above.. Tune failed first then when I run the plugin greyed out. it autobouquets e2 by the way.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You have now thrown another variable into the equation. Latest version of AB 28.2 is 10/11/2015.

There is an issue with the the ITV transponder. Do not run AB 28.2 while on the ITV transponder. ABM runs on the EPG transponder. Might be better to use ABM as you wont know which channel was last used if AB 28.2 is being run on a schedule.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You have now thrown another variable into the equation. Latest version of AB 28.2 is 10/11/2015.

There is an issue with the the ITV transponder. Do not run AB 28.2 while on the ITV transponder. ABM runs on the EPG transponder. Might be better to use ABM as you wont know which channel was last used if AB 28.2 is being run on a schedule.
    The version is october 7th on my box. on his i can't say ,earlier than that for sure although it's vix 3.something so not that old . However if i go to manual scan and just scan one transponder that sky broadcasts on , I'm getting no signal, surely that would be independant of autobouquets e2 or am i wrong and the channels would appear in last scanned. what I can't get my head around is how Bt sport and Ruk are showing 75% quality.
    I'm going up to him in the morning again. what order would you recommend i approach this Abu.
    Change Lnb first or try to realign dish first. There is a freesat box on the same dish could this have any effect on the Lx1.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Whilst you are investicagting, do not use AB 28.2 or ABM.

What to do:
    Perform a scan at your place. Take receiver to his place. Tune to a chanenl that you know will fail. Go to sat finder. Press on one side of dish. Start with left first (as viewed from LNB end). If the signal quality improves, this is an lignment issue.

If LNB, you will be missing channels on one of the four quadrants (high/low/horizontal/vertical). Not too familiar with what chanel is on what transponder, so can't help in confirming this.

I'd change his LNB if the dish press test did not improve reception. But be open to possibility of cable damage.

P.S you could have zipped the lamedb file. Ideally it should be the one scanned from his place. There is no need to do it. Should you wish to, there is a telnet command to remove channel data here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...elnet-commands

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The dish is only a few months up (new cabling). He told me the guy wanted to bolt it to the chimney but he insisted he attached it low on aerial pole. It looks ok in relation to those around him. I have a small meter "ws 6906" which i am now going to tune into sky sports 5 at home which i believe is one of the weaker sky channels and connect it to the lnb and work from there. Thanks for you time Abu , I know it's getting late. I'll let you know how this pans out.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well I returned this morning and the dish alignment was perfect despite some very strong winds. So I swapped out the lnb ,scanned and lo and behold all channels again available. the lnb is only 3 months old. (a generic sky one). Any channel with a symbol rate of 27500 was not been found which just so happened to be all the sky sd package. Amazingly the sky Hd channels which have a symbol rate of 29500 were all populating. Anyway Thanks to all who helped on this issue. appreciate it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to afterburn For This Useful Post:

roybach (13-11-15)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12