Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIX Image for Dreambox 800

Title
    Thanks

VIX Image for Dreambox 800

Hi,

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a port of the best VU image ever (thats you guys vix team) ported to my Dreambox 800.

I personally have a 800 ferrari clone. if i could get rid of it for another VU i would but i cant (skint)

IF you could dedicate a small amount of time in to a port of the 1.3 VIX image that would be amazing! it wouldnt even need to be updated all the time as in my eyes the current VIX image is the best release to date and with the exception of the media player (DAMN VU TEAM) the image is perfect.

Please Please Please consider this?

I think if you did this and teamed up with the ferrari team for them to make a port and the Sim 201 team for them to make a portI think that would push the VU VIX team to the top of the pile so to speak.

The VIX team currently has a very small slice of the market as the VU is still an underdog in comparrison to the 800.
    vu duo 2, vu duo, vu uno. 3 sky zone 2 dishes, 19e 23.5e and 28.2e. Triax td110cm dish on a tripod used for messing around. Satlink meter and rover stc eu.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1978 View Post
    Hi,

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a port of the best VU image ever (thats you guys vix team) ported to my Dreambox 800.

I personally have a 800 ferrari clone. if i could get rid of it for another VU i would but i cant (skint)

IF you could dedicate a small amount of time in to a port of the 1.3 VIX image that would be amazing! it wouldnt even need to be updated all the time as in my eyes the current VIX image is the best release to date and with the exception of the media player (DAMN VU TEAM) the image is perfect.

Please Please Please consider this?

I think if you did this and teamed up with the ferrari team for them to make a port and the Sim 201 team for them to make a portI think that would push the VU VIX team to the top of the pile so to speak.

The VIX team currently has a very small slice of the market as the VU is still an underdog in comparrison to the 800.
    Dunno where you get the bit in bold from?! The vu duo is not really an underdog for the 800, far superior in mine and many others eyes (how many people got rid of their 800 for a duo). The only thing it is a slight underdog in is the 8000, but not by much, and is much better in others...

As for the port to 800, then I don't think this will be possible, as (a) none of us have an 800 for testing on (afaik), and (b) Not sure whether andy really wants to dedicate time to put in to porting ... so would need to wait for a final answer from andy anyway...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pooface For This Useful Post:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I flogged my DM800 to get the VU
    VU is miles ahead!!!!!
    VU+ DUO² (Triple S2 tuners) VIX, 750gb
    TM-Nano 2 Super, 320gb
    GigaBlue HD 800 UE Plus VIX
    TM-Single VIX IT'S ALIVE
    Octagon SF8 VIX (751MHz bootloader)
    MARA M9
    Harmony 700
    DGS108 GBLAN, DIY NAS (8TB) XPEnology
    1.1m dish, 0.1db Quad LNB, GTSAT DM14MG motor
    80cm dish, 2x 0.1db LNB + 1x Quad 0.2db LNB, Disqec 4/1.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marty For This Useful Post:

aviz06 (15-02-13),bassethound (24-12-10),pooface (23-12-10)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    I will never have another dreambox again.. never mind just an 800..

Anyone sensible would only buy a Vu todays..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Mister For This Useful Post:

bassethound (24-12-10)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pooface View Post
    Dunno where you get the bit in bold from?! The vu duo is not really an underdog for the 800, far superior in mine and many others eyes (how many people got rid of their 800 for a duo). The only thing it is a slight underdog in is the 8000, but not by much, and is much better in others...

As for the port to 800, then I don't think this will be possible, as (a) none of us have an 800 for testing on (afaik), and (b) Not sure whether andy really wants to dedicate time to put in to porting ... so would need to wait for a final answer from andy anyway...
    I think he is referring to the fact that many many more people own DM800's than VU+, so at the moment VIX are kind of a niche rather than mass market. I don't think anyone would consider a DM800 clone to be anywhere near a VU+.

Oh, and I second the call for VIX image for my DM800 Ferrari sim

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MalteseMick For This Useful Post:

steve1978 (04-01-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MalteseMick View Post
    I think he is referring to the fact that many many more people own DM800's than VU+, so at the moment VIX are kind of a niche rather than mass market. I don't think anyone would consider a DM800 clone to be anywhere near a VU+.

Oh, and I second the call for VIX image for my DM800 Ferrari sim
    the thing is there is one man doing all the coding work for the vix image and he has his hands pretty much full as it is. even if andy wanted to port vix to other receivers where would he find the time ?.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (29-12-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    As pheonix said andy has his hand full everyday making the VIX image the best it can be i cant remember the last time he took a day off even working all over Christmas on the VIX image
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,385 Times in 2,257 Posts
    he is a true star coder and doing it for the duo and solo alone is more than enough for him

as bassett said i dont think he even uses his boxes to watch actual tv lol

also this is my opinion not andy's but if i was him i would not make it for it can potensially be used on a clone box and this image is dedicated to genuine use and we dont use clones nore support them in that respect
    PM HELP WILL BE IGNORED PLEASE POST HERE IN FORUM AS IT BENEFITS EVERYONE
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN! IN OPEN FORUM OR PM

IF THE POSTS HELP PLEASE CLICK THANKS OR ADD TO REP ↓

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah the comment about VIX being the smaller of all the teams was a statement about the VU not about the team if i was to pluck figures out of thin air i would say that out of all E2 box owners, 85% would be dream multimedia of some flavour, 10% VU and 5% other boxes. (figures are just best guess) if the VIX team could make a port it would send the VIX team image (forum and coders) to the very top of all the image makers (in terms of popularity) i know that anyone like me who has a VU and a dream 800 know without doubt that the Vu is a better piece of hardware but more importantly the VIX image is better than gemini, DE, PLI etc. the box is only as good as the software!

Even if he just ported the 1.3 image once and never made an update for it ever again it would still be much better than any other image maker!

Figures based on ihad having nearly 300k members. maybe if you did do a port you may get other coders coming on who can help? more donations to pay for equipment etc. in terms of clones etc i know its easy to say dont support them etc but thats why DE split i heard.
    There are more clone owners than anything else, people cant, wont and shouldnt pay £450 for a 800HD SE! its worth about £150! maximum!

I dont know how much work is involved in a port, i wish i had the abiltiy to do it as i would, is it not just drivers? (pulling a naive face)

Just a thought.
    Last edited by steve1978; 04-01-11 at 14:20.
    vu duo 2, vu duo, vu uno. 3 sky zone 2 dishes, 19e 23.5e and 28.2e. Triax td110cm dish on a tripod used for messing around. Satlink meter and rover stc eu.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to steve1978 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (04-01-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    would be great to see the current vix 2.1 image ported. its a fantastic image and i'd love to be able to use it on my dm800. of course one problem I could see is the mass of different bootloaders for all the different versions of clones

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fintannl View Post
    would be great to see the current vix 2.1 image ported. its a fantastic image and i'd love to be able to use it on my dm800. of course one problem I could see is the mass of different bootloaders for all the different versions of clones
    we dont support clones on this site, so if we ever did produce a VIX image for DM receivers it would be for original receivers only we would not tailor it specifically for clones.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (30-05-11),irishchris (31-05-11),Sicilian (30-05-11)

digidude
    most (not all) enigma2 images also contain a LOT of dreambox code, including 2nd stage bootloaders, thats if they havent been intentionally removed from the openembeded* source that has been available for many years that all images are based upon

unfortunatley, there will always be a problem with clones, but whatever you try to do to stop any software working on them, will turn round and bite you in the ar$e (gemini and the adios amigo boot loader eraser for example), what you can do however, especially for the DM800, is spoof the BER readings for the tuner, as the original tuners will have no problems (i have a DM800 from the week they were released, and have not had any problems with it) but clone tuners will fail to decode properly, reporting high BER and low SNR, but, this IS a lot of extra work

Itd be possible to port VIX to DM receivers, but would need quite a few people to do it, and even more to test it, the code IS native to DMM receivers afterall

*openembedded = enigma2, but due to copyright reasons, its no longer allowed to be called enigma2 unless running on an actual DMM receiver

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    we would never go the gemini bomb route with any image or enable features of that kind. what i meant was that if we did produce a VIX image for dreambox receivers we would not tailor it for clones, we would not for example patch bootloaders etc. we would only make a image for original boxes. if people wanted to use such a image on any other box it would be up to them to do that them selves.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

bassethound (31-05-11),irishchris (31-05-11)

digidude
    yes m8, thats what i was trying to say (in not a very good way lol)

IF any team does anything to disable clones, they risk the backlash of the whole linux receiver community, even though their intentions are good.

Any team that creates an image, as long as it works on an original, stuff the clones, its down to the people who make the clones to patch images to work with the clones, not the people who want receivers to work well by creating the images

clone receivers and commercial cardshare servers, the cancers of the linux based receiver hobby

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to digidude For This Useful Post:

bassethound (31-05-11),irishchris (31-05-11),Larry-G (30-05-11)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digidude View Post
    Any team that creates an image, as long as it works on an original, stuff the clones, its down to the people who make the clones to patch images to work with the clones, not the people who want receivers to work well by creating the images

clone receivers and commercial cardshare servers, the cancers of the linux based receiver hobby

I could not agree more.

SIMPLES.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast