Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Hades 18 to latest 3.2.009 image?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Hades 18 to latest 3.2.009 image?

Hello Guys,

As a newish VU+ Solo2 owner (a few months) I need some advice I was wondering if it is worth me updating my image, I am happy with how my STB is working I am only running the following plugins ABM for 28.2, CrossEPG for other Sat's, MediaPortal, Opera Web Browser for YouTube TV, TSmedia which I don't use, and I have softcam 2.3.0 working without any problems.

I presume I will need to reload the above plugins if I update and my softcam but I was going to give the Kodi plugin a try shortly so is it worth me updating the image or should I wait for any bugs to be ironed out, I suppose I am asking are there any benefits to an update and what are they?

Thanks in advance,
    James.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Make a backup in Backup Manager, and download the latest Image (ViX 3.2-010) using Image Manager.
    These are found by the press of the blue button and ViX.
    In Image Manager press the blue button to restore the latest image you have downloaded and it will do the rest for you. When the flashing is completed. Setup as you were setting up as new (I.e. HDMI, 1080p, Multi etc) then you will be asked if you want to restore settings. Say YES at this point. Then you will be asked if you want to restore plugins, Say NO at this point and when completed reinstall your plugins. On doing the settings restore you will still have your ABM settings and your Cam settings intact.
    In my opinion, always best to be on latest image, you will then get all the latest enhancements, drivers etc.
    Good luck with the above, but its easy peasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (09-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    ViX 3.2 010 Running stabile ,no problems here on my et-9200 Great work Guys!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Roderik For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (09-10-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks Lads I will have a go later when I have a hour or so and give you an update.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Guys, I didn't get 3.2-10 option to download but I got -09 and flashed that...all seemed OK until I noticed a green flashing light on the info panel, the flash also seems to have change a recording that I had made previously from the path Media/HDD/movies to something like Media/SDA1.

I have so far only attempted to download mediaportal from the plugins feeds and it is reporting collective errors I presume this is to do with the change of path above...BTW in Software update I am getting the option to update to build 010 and there are 57 packages to update in brackets, but I am not sure if I should update this way.

Any help or advice would appreciated,
    James.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Press blue button > Vix >mount manager >Select your (flash drive or hdd) and press red to mount as hdd

9. The Following User Says Thank You to afterburn For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (09-10-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have now got Build 010 on the STB...I took a chance and flashed from Software update but still no mediaportal although I tested with mediaplayer and this downloaded from the plugin feed OK. It appears to be a GStreamer problem that is stopping me loading mediaportal I have Gstreamer 1.6.0 and I get console notifications: gst-plugins-good-flv gst-plugins-bad-rtmp gst-plugins-bad-fragmented and finally opkg_install-cmd: cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaportal.

I am not sure if it is a bug or if it was my configuration setup before loading build 09 that caused the problem maybe a factory reset will resolve the problem? I am unsure how to upload a log if it is a bug but maybe someone could try or confirm they have loaded mediaportal 7.2.0 without any problems.

Kind regards
    James.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks Lads, It wasn't a GStreamer problem I found a post that dealt with my issue with mediaportal...I needed to telnet the box to activate it, so thanks for all your help.

Kind regards
    James.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How do you telnet the box as icant install mediaportal from the latest openvix image on my duo

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jap View Post
    How do you telnet the box as icant install mediaportal from the latest openvix image on my duo
    Hi Jap, if you still haven't install mediaportal look at the 2nd post on the this tread...there is also advice on other posts on this tread on how to use telnet.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l-wont-install

I used DCC (Dreambox Control Centre) to telnet my box, but you need to copy and paste the command below in telnet.

init 4
    opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaportal --force-depends
    init 3
    Last edited by jamesjay; 17-10-15 at 11:10. Reason: more info

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi jamesj ive never used telnet with dcc only ftp.when i hit telnet a window pops up ive typed the command and hit return but nothing happens what am i doing wrong

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jap View Post
    hi jamesj ive never used telnet with dcc only ftp.when i hit telnet a window pops up ive typed the command and hit return but nothing happens what am i doing wrong
    it is far easier to copy this:

init 4
    init 3

then paste it next to the # by using the middle button that looks a bit like camera (if you hold the cursor over it spells "Einfugen" I think that is German for paste) that box is above root@vusolo2:~#

When you have a command line that looks like (I have the solo2 yours should show Duo) this hit the enter key and then you should have mediaportal after the receiver restarts.

root@vusolo2:~# init 4
    root@vusolo2:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaportal --force-dep
    nds
    Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaportal (7.2.0) installed in root is up todate.
    root@vusolo2:~# init 3

I have only used this once myself as I am new to the VUbox but it did work for me...I may be wrong but you may need to have already installed mediaportal from the plugin feed before telneting the box even though it does not show in the installed plugins.
    Last edited by jamesjay; 19-10-15 at 11:49. Reason: spelling

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thanks very much for your help got it working at last but the only problem i have now is the mediaportal keeps freezing every few minutes on my vu+duo and distorted sound at times has anybody else experienced this problem and how to rectify it help much appreciated

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Jap, I have the Solo2 and all is working fine maybe a search of posts mentioning mediaportal or a new post in the Duo section will get more attention and replies.

kind regards
    james.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesjay View Post
    it is far easier to copy this:

init 4
    init 3

then paste it next to the # by using the middle button that looks a bit like camera (if you hold the cursor over it spells "Einfugen" I think that is German for paste) that box is above root@vusolo2:~#

When you have a command line that looks like (I have the solo2 yours should show Duo) this hit the enter key and then you should have mediaportal after the receiver restarts.

root@vusolo2:~# init 4
    root@vusolo2:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaportal --force-dep
    nds
    Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaportal (7.2.0) installed in root is up todate.
    root@vusolo2:~# init 3

I have only used this once myself as I am new to the VUbox but it did work for me...I may be wrong but you may need to have already installed mediaportal from the plugin feed before telneting the box even though it does not show in the installed plugins.

No it's far easier like this

init 4 && opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaportal --force-depends && init 3
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.