Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lraizer plugin stopped working after changing reader file

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    If something does not work, how to make it not work needs to be explained so that errors/issues can be resolved.

Here is a video with the 21/07/2015 plugin and modified reader. Bouquet contents may be familiar. All I did was install the 21/07/2015 version, transfer sort file, transfer the reader (Replacing a file normally maintains file permissions. If you delete then transfer new one, it does not.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

mskhan01 (20-09-15)

Title
    Thanks
    I have done everything exactly as stated in your post & demonstrated in your video. I have the same 21/7/15 version plugin. I have deleted it & have reinstalled it from feed twice. It works fine until I replace the reader, where it just shows bouquet downloading window & then straight away goes to bouquet reloading window etc.
    I appreciate your help but suspect there is an issue specific to my box hence decided to leave it as no other forum user have shared any such issue
    Once again thanks for all of the help provided

Title
    Thanks
    Just an observation, original reader file is 226484 while swapping it will modified reader it becomes 226482? I have even tried restoring it with original reader file but it stays at 226482 & gives me the same issue of not updating ( despite no change in permission-still 755)?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Just a thought - what platform is the file being transferred from and what utility are you using to do the transfer? I had several issues with non-working scripts recently and, in my case it was Filezilla "helpfully" inserting CR/LF into .sh files when transferring from my linux desktop to my enigma box. There are several default settings in Filezilla which consider certain file extensions as ASCII files and inserts DOS/Windows line endings during transfer, regardless of what platform they are being transferred from.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    I am using macbook pro & filezilla
    I will give it a shot with windows
    Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    What file exactly are you transferring? I didn't see a link to it earlier in the thread.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    It worked, I was transferring modified autobouquet reader file posted by abu
    When transferred via PC file size remained the same as original while with Macbook it would change.... Strange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Give me a link to the file, please. Was it a compressed file (like a zip or similar) which you de-compressed into individual components which you then transferred via Filezilla? If one of the files had a .sh extension then Filezilla is to blame.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Give me a link to the file, please. Was it a compressed file (like a zip or similar) which you de-compressed into individual components which you then transferred via Filezilla? If one of the files had a .sh extension then Filezilla is to blame.
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...648#post374648

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    I use filezilla on Windows, had no issues with it. Might be something adrift on Mac version

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

mskhan01 (21-09-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    I am sure Macbook is to blame because when I transferred the file with Filezilla from a PC, it worked perfectly

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I use filezilla on Windows, had no issues with it. Might be something adrift on Mac version
    I agree 100%, will try things with windows in future

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mskhan01 View Post
    I agree 100%, will try things with windows in future
    No need, fix your settings on the mac...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (21-09-15)

Title
    Thanks
    That's a binary file, so it should have been ok when transferred with Filezilla. The particular issue I had was with .sh files, which are text but should have linux line-endings (LF only). Filezilla was treating them as DOS/ASCII files and inserting CR which upset some processes on the enigma box. The problem with using a Windows platform is that if you open and save files like .py's or .sh's using Notepad you will corrupt them. You need to use a linux-safe editor like Notepad++ or similar.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

mskhan01 (21-09-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    No need, fix your settings on the mac...
    Any suggestions, what settings need changing on Mac?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12