Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodi on Vu solo 2

Title
    Thanks

Kodi on Vu solo 2

I have Gotham 13.2 on the vu solo. Is there any way of updating this to kodi. Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Anyone help

Title
    Thanks
    i believe not at the moment due to some authoring issues if your on openvix

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    what do you mean with authoring issues?

XBMC 13.2 was from VU direct and if they do not supply newer versions it cannot be offered by any image.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    what do you mean with authoring issues?

XBMC 13.2 was from VU direct and if they do not supply newer versions it cannot be offered by any image.

ciao
    not sure Trial, was written like that on another thread i was one so just passing the info on

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    The current version of XBMC available on your receiver is a semi closed source branch as supplied or rather leaked from Vu plus and only they can update it. Do your self a favour and buy a 30 odd quid Amazon fire TV stick if you want to run KODI properly.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Kodi on the Firestick was a hack to start with, just because it runs it better, doesn't mean everyone should switch my first feeling with Enigma2 boxes were they are so much better than the skybox I used before and also it could do things I had a linux machine doing... (It's a hack, it's not what it was designed for and I don't expect the experience to be the same)People using KodiDirect (No matter how shit you think it is) are using it because it offers features they may not want to spend more money on (and some dude that said maybe I could get it to do this), or as a hobby,they may want to get working..

I think your whole message "buy this becasue it's better" is bad, it's only better because someone spent the time making it that way!

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArowonA View Post
    Kodi on the Firestick was a hack to start with, just because it runs it better, doesn't mean everyone should switch my first feeling with Enigma2 boxes were they are so much better than the skybox I used before and also it could do things I had a linux machine doing... (It's a hack, it's not what it was designed for and I don't expect the experience to be the same)People using KodiDirect (No matter how shit you think it is) are using it because it offers features they may not want to spend more money on (and some dude that said maybe I could get it to do this), or as a hobby,they may want to get working..

I think your whole message "buy this becasue it's better" is bad, it's only better because someone spent the time making it that way!
    Both the Amazon fire TV box / stick have 100 percent genuine support from the XBMC foundation / KODI foundation.

No enigma 2 based receiver currently has this level of support nor are they likely too for the foreseeable future if ever. Not even the mighty flop that was the prismcube had any real XBMC / KODI support but instead relies on a semi closed source branch of XBMC.

So you can climb on your high horse as much as you want and sing the praises for the tripe that is kodidirect but it is not and never will be a patch on the real KODI, nor is the official XBMC offering from Vu plus on the three boxes that actually have the hardware to support XBMC.

Also so if you bother to read the thread again I did not even mention kodidirect, this thread was in reference to the official but leaked version of XBMC from Vu plus. So shove that in your pipe and smoke it pal.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Surely Trial is just saying what he said to give users a much better experience of Kodi. I had problems with my box when I was running the KodiDirect plugin after installing Tsmedia .So I took the advise of quite a few on this forum and purchased a Firestick and to be honest it was the best move I have done.If people want to take the option of running KodiDirect then that is up too them I am sure Trial was only putting his point of view over for a better experience.
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

Title
    Thanks
    lol @Larry-G I was simply stating your beloved firestick running Kodi started with someone thinking "What if" not someone thinking "This is a pile of shit"

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzer View Post
    Surely Trial is just saying what he said to give users a much better experience of Kodi. I had problems with my box when I was running the KodiDirect plugin after installing Tsmedia .So I took the advise of quite a few on this forum and purchased a Firestick and to be honest it was the best move I have done.If people want to take the option of running KodiDirect then that is up too them I am sure Trial was only putting his point of view over for a better experience.
    He was not having a pop at trial mate but rather trying and failing to slag me off for my well known views of kodidirect even though this thread had nothing what so ever to do with kodidirect.

Simple fact of the matter is that KODI can't currently run on these boxes and if your waiting for Vu plus to release a update for it you will be waiting a long long time. KODI proper works perfectly on a 34 quid Amazon fire TV stick and you don't have to wait for any one to update any dodgy plugins to maintain compatibility as is the case with kodidirect.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, yes if it was not clear, My post was a direct attack on Larry-G, not in relation to anything else

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ArowonA View Post
    lol @Larry-G I was simply stating your beloved firestick running Kodi started with someone thinking "What if" not someone thinking "This is a pile of shit"
    You know sweet naff all about me pal. I have been using enigma / enigma 2 based receivers for almost 15 years and I was a member of the ViX team going back to ViX 1.xx. I only recently stepped down after over 4 years working behind the scenes in ViX. So yes do know what I'm talking about.

i have no issues with enigma 2 based receivers but they can not compete in any way with a device that runs XBMC / KODI with full support from the XBMC / KODI Devs. You just have to look on the official KODI forums to see that.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    I never questioned your history, just saying your views on people getting things working on limited hardware (i.e. thinks they weren't design to do) is wrong... People spend their time getting these plugins to work and for you to say 'This is shit' is ridiculous.. Obviously hardware designed to a do a task will be better than someone getting and STB to do it! Running kodi on a firestick is by no means perfect, and am I going to say it's a pile of crap? No!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    But KodiDirect has hardly ever worked just look at the amount of posts on this forum with regards to the plugin if I had anything to do with the removal of the plugin I would do it NOW.
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast