Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Password change after 30 days

Title
    Thanks
    Why don't you put it to a forum vote.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to s2tephen For This Useful Post:

twelfd (24-11-15)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s2tephen View Post
    Cos I wouldn't listen

Anyway its been relaxed a little, not totally
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s2tephen View Post
    Because this is not a democracy and you frankly dont have a say in the matter, like it or not.

I have said this before and will say it again, the requirement to update your password every so often is here to stay so stop moaning accept it, or go to another forum. it really is that easy.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks

password change? really? why?

Was it a hack? Or was it just a SQL db dump? As if it's that password changes won't matter. Also I might have changed a password here yesterday *EXAMPLE* then signed up to another site with same details then that site gets sql'ed. the method fails, none of my business just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    Because this is not a democracy and you frankly dont have a say in the matter, like it or not.

I have said this before and will say it again, the requirement to update your password every so often is here to stay so stop moaning accept it, or go to another forum. it really is that easy.
    Could you please give the reason that rule is there?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    VU+ Solo 2 downstairs - VU+ Zero upstairs - 2 dishes
    VU+ Zero parents

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The admins have decided upon it - reasons are not needed. You can like it or lump it. Its been asked many times before and has not changed so far. Forums are not the place for free speech or "democracy" - if it were there would be no un-elected mods/admins.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The two threads have been merged.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    The admins have decided upon it - reasons are not needed. You can like it or lump it. Its been asked many times before and has not changed so far. Forums are not the place for free speech or "democracy" - if it were there would be no un-elected mods/admins.
    "Reasons are not needed"? If there is no reason then why not change it to something more sensible for the reason of being sensible. Or do you mean, the admin do not need to give reasons because, well, they just don't feel like it? If that is what you mean, that sounds really childish and a bit disrespectful of it's members. It seems like it would not take very much to be polite and to let members know why they need to do something so unusual as to change passwords. I do beta testing for Adobe, in 10 years of being on their forum I have never needed to change my password... not for my bank or my tax records... these are much more private and "serious" accounts.
    VU+ Zero parents

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fredphoesh For This Useful Post:

2stein (25-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fredphoesh View Post
    "Reasons are not needed"? If there is no reason then why not change it to something more sensible for the reason of being sensible. Or do you mean, the admin do not need to give reasons because, well, they just don't feel like it? If that is what you mean, that sounds really childish and a bit disrespectful of it's members. It seems like it would not take very much to be polite and to let members know why they need to do something so unusual as to change passwords. I do beta testing for Adobe, in 10 years of being on their forum I have never needed to change my password... not for my bank or my tax records... these are much more private and "serious" accounts.
    i totally agree. but some forum owners just like to demonstrate their power...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 2stein For This Useful Post:

fredphoesh (25-11-15)

Title
    Thanks

Password change after 30 days

Get a grip and stop whinging password and account security is in the press everyday

Also when changing and as mentioned you can keep it the same so the 10 second hardship actually takes less time than your ramblings on this thread

Last edited by mobileman; 25-11-15 at 10:07.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mobileman For This Useful Post:

Larry-G (25-11-15),Peterj (25-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Actually it didn't, I wrote a long post on my phone and lost it because I couldn't sign in... Very annoying actually. WRT security, what user info needs to be protected, what size dish you have?

VU+ Zero parents

Title
    Thanks

Password change after 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by fredphoesh View Post
    Actually it didn't, I wrote a long post on my phone and lost it because I couldn't sign in... Very annoying actually. WRT security, what user info needs to be protected, what size dish you have?

No maybe the forum gets hacked , they then had your password and used it and tried it on your other sites including you banking / financial / shopping accounts and then start to defraud you of goods and or money the more regular this is changed the less likely you could get caught out

Now reading this thread a lot of you probably use same password on everything and then would get stung and spend a lot more time changing all passwords and going through stolen identity issues

I have over 170 logins for various sites and accounts all are different and random generated using blowfish encryption so if that gets hacked then I'm in serious shit anyway as must be down one really after me !! also and banking ones aren't stored anywhere other than head.

So question is what damage could be done with that one password and associated email address and or private message information rather than your dish size ??

Last edited by mobileman; 25-11-15 at 10:38.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mobileman For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (25-11-15)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stein View Post
    i totally agree. but some forum owners just like to demonstrate their power...
    Some of the comments on here are absolutely f&*King ridiculous!!! Demonstrate power????? FFS!!! This is 1st time I've ever sworn or got majorly annoyed in any thread ever since I opened this Forum.

There many reason why password change is in place, security for our members, spam bots, all sorts. Spam bots often lay dormant after registering, then after a period of time start posting shit. With the password change it helps block them.

Basically like or lump it
    I have enough on plate than to listen or read BS like this! I've just spent most of the morning fixing other stuff on OpenViX server, then get accused of wanting to 'Demonstrate power'! Get a F&*King life man!
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

mobileman (25-11-15),Mr. Mister (25-11-15),robsunited (25-11-15),ronand (25-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    quod erad demonstrandum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast