Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Password change after 30 days

Title
    Thanks
    I agree with some of the other post. Working in IT and being a certified ethical hacker (which is just the most pointless, worthless computer course I've ever took, but got to spend 3 weeks in India ) I think having to change your password every 30 days actually decreases security as people will tend to write it down or reuse passwords they've used elsewhere (plus the fact that if you forget your password a new one is emailed in clear text which is valid for 30 days) it would be better if you made sure the passwords are encrypted securely and salted, which im guessing they are

Title
    Thanks
    Please for the love of God turn this off. My bank doesn't make me change my password every 30 days! So why the hell a satellite forum requires this is beyond me

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
    Please for the love of God turn this off. My bank doesn't make me change my password every 30 days! So why the hell a satellite forum requires this is beyond me
    Tough!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

mobileman (23-10-15),Mr. Mister (23-10-15)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Yeah well you can come and cry to us when some little scrypt kiddie hacks your bank and nicks your life savings until then tough shit, either lean to live with it or find another forum. it's really that simple.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (23-10-15),mobileman (23-10-15),Mr. Mister (23-10-15)

Title
    Thanks
    just use the same password But anoying when watching the site on phone
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    Yeah well you can come and cry to us when some little scrypt kiddie hacks your bank and nicks your life savings until then tough shit, either lean to live with it or find another forum. it's really that simple.
    You think flaming me will change my mind ? It's an annoying feature and I'm entitled to my opinion.

And why the frig would I come on here to cry if someone hacked by bank account hahah

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    just overkill.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    You think flaming me will change my mind ? It's an annoying feature and I'm entitled to my opinion.

And why the frig would I come on here to cry if someone hacked by bank account hahah

If I were flaming you, you would know about it pal. never the less this is not a democracy and the current security measures are here to stay.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Which is why you should take a deep breath and accept it ....... this is at least the 3rd time this has been discussed.
    I am surprised that it even sees the light of day ... its a dead topic
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Judging by your post count you don't come on here much anyway
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stein View Post
    just overkill.
    Agreed. After all, this is not a bank and I don't think anybody posts any sensitive information here. And people CAN change their passwords as often as they like, even when they are not forced to.
    But like somebodiy wrote, this is not a democracy. And we don't get to vote about it.

Title
    Thanks

password change? really? why?

Hello guys,

My bank has not insisted I change my password in 5 years, neither has my account with my other bank, my social security account, my pretty much everything in my life... so I don't understand why there is any need for this forum to be so concerned for my security that it asks me to change my password every month, it seems over the top, bordering on completely nuts.

I got this message today: "Your password is 33 days old, and has therefore expired."

Can you guys please change this rule, it is unnecessary and I cannot remember many passwords, and am not always able to use Lastpass as I may be logged in on another computer.

Tx
    "Fred" (hows that for tight security, not using my real name... foxy ey? (it's Mark.)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to fredphoesh For This Useful Post:

twelfd (24-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    I agree, it is insane. None of the other satellite forums require that the password is changed from one year to the next.

(Send me a PM if you want to know my solution to this)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to electrocop For This Useful Post:

fredphoesh (24-11-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have asked this before, you won't win fellas it is to stay as is. I did learn something I didn't know when asking previously, you can just type the same password again so no need to change.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duoduo For This Useful Post:

fredphoesh (24-11-15),twelfd (24-11-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    DW do it although not as frequent
    DK do it
    LSS used to do it until a few months ago

There was a hack on one of the forums a while back. This is why this policy is there.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast