Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: RCSC stopped working

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

RCSC stopped working

I've been using Remote Channel Stream Converter now a while with no problem. Streaming worked perfectly -suddenly today, for some unknown reason it doesn't work anymore. My dish is pointing toward 28.2(I have a motorised setup) and the only channel I am able to receive is Sky. This is an open channel with previews of upcoming movies and such. Nothing else works, can't even change satellites from my remote tuner. On my server tuner, (Vu+ Uno) everything works fine.

I have a VU+ Uno set up as server and VU+ Zero as client, and I'm running Vix Apollo 163 on both tuners.
    I have a twin tuner installed on my Uno but only tuner A is conected to my dish.
    My Uno is in standby when streaming to my Zero
    I can still download bouquets from the Uno, but that's about it.
    I did a restore from my last backup on both tuners, but that didn't solve anything.
    Any suggestions anyone??

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    You really need to upgrade to 3.2 and keep your boxes up-to-date so we can give you current advise. Please update and if you still have this issue you can upload your debug logs so we can find out what is wrong.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I really don't want to go through all the hassle regarding upgrading my two boxes (Uno and Zero). I'll lose my channel lists, and that takes a very long time to crreate new ones for 7 satellites.
    I would think that someone here could help me even if they have recently upgraded their boxes. At one time or anorher that had the same version that I'm using now.
    In my case RCSC stops working properly after a Uno reboot. In a sense it still works, but I can only view the FTA channels, not the encrypted channels that require a card to work (I have Norwegian Canal digital card on my Uno).
    Anybody?

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,934 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBlake View Post
    I really don't want to go through all the hassle regarding upgrading my two boxes (Uno and Zero). I'll lose my channel lists, and that takes a very long time to crreate new ones for 7 satellites.
    I would think that someone here could help me even if they have recently upgraded their boxes. At one time or anorher that had the same version that I'm using now.
    In my case RCSC stops working properly after a Uno reboot. In a sense it still works, but I can only view the FTA channels, not the encrypted channels that require a card to work (I have Norwegian Canal digital card on my Uno).
    Anybody?
    Thats the point though, every member of the team is on a later image than the one you are using and therefore can not provide accurate help or support. The only way for them to be able to offer support is for you to upgrade your receivers. If you find it too much of a hassle then your in the wrong hobby and I would advise you sell up and move to a sky box.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    It is not a hassle saving bouquets/channel list. You can use one of the many applications such as e-channelizer, dreamboxedit, dreamset to save to PC and send back to any receiver or even share with others.

Having said that, you can create a settings backup and restore it after flashing new image. Have a look at the video guided in the 3.2 release thread.

Also, have you got fixed IP address for your Uno?If reboot results in IP address changing, this is likely cause.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have fixed ip to both my boxes

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Really restoring bouquets is dead easy with any of the tools mentioned, however have you tried deleting all the remote bouquets and then reloading fom the Uno .... It will tell you if you have an IP/connection issue or an issue with the Uno bouquets.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes I have, and that works just fine. Ip issues is not the problem here. Now it works again, and I don't know why. Maybe its time to upgrade.......