Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How To See 'What's Currently On' For Every Channel?

Title
    Thanks

Question How To See 'What's Currently On' For Every Channel?

I have a VU+ Solo box running Black Hole and Vhannibal E2 motor channel list (but I mainly watch 28.2E) When I access the list of channels for 28.2E, I want beside each channel name to show me what's currently on. When I tune into a channel, for example BBC One and then access the channel list, it updates and shows the current TV show beside BBC One, however, 90% of the other channels have nothing beside them. It seems it only shows me what's currently on when I tune in to each channel. I want to access my list of channels and have all/majority of them to have what's currently on beside their names. How do I do this?

I have spent over an hour messing around with EPG settings, downloading EPG data for OpenTV 28.2E, forcing a reload, doing all sorts of things but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

How To See 'What's Currently On' For Every Channel?

I have no such issue with CrossEPG (ViX), not sure about Black Hole, as its been a while since I used that trash. As it is a OpenViX forum, you may find a Black Hole related question/answer difficult. Have you ever tried ViX, far superior imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gohan2091 View Post
    I have a VU+ Solo box running Black Hole and Vhannibal E2 motor channel list (but I mainly watch 28.2E) When I access the list of channels for 28.2E, I want beside each channel name to show me what's currently on. When I tune into a channel, for example BBC One and then access the channel list, it updates and shows the current TV show beside BBC One, however, 90% of the other channels have nothing beside them. It seems it only shows me what's currently on when I tune in to each channel. I want to access my list of channels and have all/majority of them to have what's currently on beside their names. How do I do this?

I have spent over an hour messing around with EPG settings, downloading EPG data for OpenTV 28.2E, forcing a reload, doing all sorts of things but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
    Why in earth do you ask Black Hole concerning questions from ViX site? Don`t you know the adress to Black Hole site? Please Google and register.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Hi,are you saving the epg to an hdd or attached dongle?

Title
    Thanks
    I actually came from VIX and moved to Blackhole because my box was frequently crashing with the VIX image I was using. I didn't come here to start a VIX vs Black Hole debate. I actually had the exact same issue when I was using VIX. Going past this, yes goosegog, I am saving the epg to the USB stick.
    Last edited by gohan2091; 21-08-15 at 01:54.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I actually came from VIX and moved to Blackhole because my box was frequently crashing with the VIX image I was using. I didn't come here to start a VIX vs Black Hole debate. I actually had the exact same issue when I was using VIX. Going past this, yes goosegog, I am saving the epg to the USB stick.
    First things first. Your receiver is a Vu+ Solo? Is it genuine and not a clone? (To check if its a clone do you see any noticeable stickers on the rear of the receiver saying V1.0, V2.0 etc)
    If it is the Vu+ Solo receiver you have, when using ViX did you ever have a swapfile enabled? The reason I ask is the Solo is a very dated receiver now and lacks memory/internal flash etc and enabling a swapfile does help matters.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    if your not using the usb for recordings etc,take the usb out and reformat it,stick it back in and remount it in mount manager and set it up again for epg.if you have recordings on it you will have to use telnet and an ftp program to remove cross epg and epg.dat file from the usb.i would defo set up a swapfile if you havnt already.if your still having issues i would suggest a fresh flash with the newest blackhole image.if its still unstable after a fresh flash try just setting up for 28.2 only and see if its more stable then try adding a channel list for other sats.if its the original solo i think it might struggle to to handle multi sat epg.you could try xmltv-importer,im sure it will be in the image.