Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kodi getting terrible

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adamandvicci View Post
    I'm only bothered about Kodi through the box I have. Have too many bloody remotes as it is :-)

is it really that difficult to bolt on something to the enigma boxes? If so why?

I'm sick of messing about with proxies etc. If the loaded firesticks can do it why cant the plugins / addons?
    Kodi direct is pants,I gave up and got a FTV stick.

If you want less remotes invest in a logitech harmony. I have a Harmony touch and its excellent, controls my tv, box and sound bar.

If you want it to control FTV as well you would need the ultimate or a hub with the touch

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dfox For This Useful Post:

adamandvicci (20-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    Amazon Fire TV (Stick) is not able to play 24Hz correct so it is nice but not perfect. Who knows what Fire OS sends to its creators?

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    i did some experiments with xmbc/kodi on a vu+ duo2 as well and came to the conclusion that it won't cut it.
    - kodi direct is way too unstable... alpha at best.
    - xbmc is ok, but only 720p resolution... which is not good enough for watching pictures.
    so, i built an intel nuc mediacenter with win 10, kodi, android emulator running andriod lollipop, and other stuff... and have been happy with it so far.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 2stein For This Useful Post:

adamandvicci (20-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stein View Post
    i did some experiments with xmbc/kodi on a vu+ duo2 as well and came to the conclusion that it won't cut it.
    - kodi direct is way too unstable... alpha at best.
    - xbmc is ok, but only 720p resolution... which is not good enough for watching pictures.
    so, i built an intel nuc mediacenter with win 10, kodi, android emulator running andriod lollipop, and other stuff... and have been happy with it so far.
    Sounds way too complicated for a novice (I did say novice, not No*head) But also sounds good

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jasper1974 View Post
    I Use XBMC on my duo2 and think it works damn well really ok theres a couple of niggles in it but the picture quality most of the time excellent especcially using ruya plugin and with so many repositories available always something on there to tinker with.

TS Media i just cant stand maybe im doing something wrong but quality is rubbish and seems to make my duo2 unstable.

Kodi direct tried using this on my TM nano2 super and although was useful for iplayer stuff all in all not as good as XMBC.

Maybe im ok because of the speed of my box but i agree with OP i also have enough boxes and remotes plugged in without wanting another box just for XMBC/KODI
    Thanks Jasper, have you got links to these please?

Title
    Thanks
    My advice would be to get a cheap kodi dedicated box. Even a raspberry pi 2 is excellent at playing and streaming content for about £50 all in and it will use your TV remote if your TV supports HDMI CEC. It plays true 23.976 and 60 hz @ 1080p with no issues. Once you try it you will see the benefit and you can stream to other TV's in your house from an enigma box if need to.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by city View Post
    My advice would be to get a cheap kodi dedicated box. Even a raspberry pi 2 is excellent at playing and streaming content for about £50 all in and it will use your TV remote if your TV supports HDMI CEC. It plays true 23.976 and 60 hz @ 1080p with no issues. Once you try it you will see the benefit and you can stream to other TV's in your house from an enigma box if need to.
    if you don't want another remote get free Yatse app on your tablet or phone. Works brilliantly with rasp Pi. Pi is an excellent solution. Cheap and easy to setup and very small so can be hidden away. i have mine velcroed to back of tv

regards

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fast65 For This Useful Post:

adamandvicci (21-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    I have two raspberry pi 2's which I stream content from the internet, my network PC and from my Duo2 they are good bits of kit and the kodi software is amazing. I also have a Nvidia Shield Pro and this is a beast of a box and plays 4k content @ 60HZ with no problem. If money is no object I would get a Nvidia shield even though it currently it cant play 23.976 natively (it still plays ok) this function is on the development path to be within a few weeks as part of a major upgrade.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to city For This Useful Post:

adamandvicci (21-08-15),Mr. Mister (21-08-15)

Title
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 1,190 Posts
    I was looking at these Nvidia yesterday..

Pretty amazing piece of kit..

Title
    Thanks
    As a complete novice wanting access to cinema films, older films, IPTV and box sets etc.. Which is the easiest to setup and work? would be nice if I could also plug in my External 2TB HDD and run the various MKV, MP4, Avi etc films that are on that... Would that be possible?

Title
    Thanks
    The raspberry pi 2 has 4 USB so you can plug in external USB drives. I think you will have to be careful if hard drive is powered off the USB and they recommend a powered drive or a USB hub for power to the hard drive or have a higher power power adaptor. I plug in 64GB USB drives and have no issues but mostly stream from PC & VU DUO2 over wireless network @ 1080p. Even better if you can get network hard wired. The Nvidia Shield also can play stream content from local or remote drives. They both play most if not all of the various formats I cant think any that have failed to work for me.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by city View Post
    I think you will have to be careful if hard drive is powered off the USB and they recommend a powered drive or a USB hub for power to the hard drive or have a higher power power adaptor.
    This is the main reason I upgraded my Pi as the newer version can power a USB hard disk, assuming you have a 2amp power supply, you can check
    Code:
    http://www.htpcguides.com/power-2-5-hard-drive-with-raspberry-pi-b/
    for details on how to enable the extra power to the USB ports. While the pi is really good, I probably wouldn't recommend it for a novice, unless you like messing around with things if you want it to just work, one of the media players WOS sell would probably be better.

Title
    Thanks
    Good point most of the kodi boxes need a certain amount of setting up and maintenance but i think that is a choice once it is setup you can leave it or enhance it with goodies to suit your exact requirements. The raspberry pi is very well supported so information or custom builds are easily sourced and installed. My nvidia shield just works and seems to be the best box around a little pricey but when you consider the features and low power use its quite an amazing box.streaming content even up scaled from 1080p to UHD to a 4k TV is amazing quality. I believe it to be one of the only boxes to play 2160p content @ 60hz locally or over network this is quality.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    I have downloaded and tried to FTP and over write the kodi installed. Just getting black screen of death. Why can you no longer update online is it for website hits?

I used to be a huge huge fan of xbmc and then Kodi but feel I am being forced back into the arms of TS Media for online content. I see Kodi all over on Amazon Fire sticks and android.

I am not a developer(I wish I was so I could help) is it really really difficult to have a sturdy fast service for enigma 2 that updates easy enough? Are these 2 the only option for online content?
    There is no KODI plugin for the Vu+ ultimo, there are only three maybe four Vu+ receivers that have the hardware required to run a real albeit a modified inhouse version of XBMC those being the solo2, duo2, solo SE off the top of my head. The KODI plugin you are referencing to in this thread is nothing more than a emulator to run patched XBMC / KODI addons. It's also rather amusing that you reference TSmedia as being a better alternative as one of the main developers of that garbage is also a leading developer of the kodidirect plugin.

As for the Amazon Fire TV boxes / sticks they are at this moment in time one of the fastest most stable hardware platforms for the real XBMC / KODI plugins. And for the naysayers in this thread poo pooing the fire TV platform for not having 24fps support, look again fire os5 has added partial 24p ,25p and 30p video support.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Larry-G For This Useful Post:

johnrichard (26-08-15),Mr. Mister (25-08-15)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Yes correct...are they not the same thing?
    No no there not the same thing, nor are they even close to being so. Kodidirect is a emulator created largely by the same team that brought you the garbage that is TSmedia, it runs patched XBMC / KODI plugins, nothing more.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast