Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what boxs are as good or better than zgemma 2s

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I would have thought that Trading Standards would block the sale of these products if they are breaking laws?
    Certainly if they have safety issues like the plugs, they are not saleable?
    trading standards are a joke.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    I would have thought that Trading Standards would block the sale of these products if they are breaking laws?
    Certainly if they have safety issues like the plugs, they are not saleable?
    It was mentioned before about the seizure of the hover boards which didn't comply to UK regulations on items with rechargeable power supply, all the boxes had the 'ce' and 'fc' certifications on them yet they was sooo dangerous, for every container of dodgy electrical stuff that gets pulled, imagine how many get through.
    It makes you wonder if they are actually intended as incendiary devices like Frankie Boyle would say, Phase II.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    @Jules190

Not sure what you don't understand. Theft of someone elses designs, whether patented or not, is not morally right.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    @Jules190

Not sure what you don't understand. Theft of someone elses designs, whether patented or not, is not morally right.
    In the western world thats absolutely correct, but in Asia, especially China its more like praise.... After all why copy bad ideas?
    Their perspective is different ... When you look at some of the "cloned" Apple shops in China they are "perfect copies" ... From reports I have read, even sometimes the staff think they work for Apple

Whats wrong is not only the Asian outfits that produce these products but the fraudsters that knowingly sell them on to unsuspecting users ....
    Last edited by twol; 11-12-15 at 20:39.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Mr. Mister (11-12-15),roybach (11-12-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    One classic definition of a "Clone" must be the Omega wrist watch, it has been in circulation for decades with the present clones being within a whisker of accuracy and practically undistinguishable from the real thing.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roybach View Post
    One classic definition of a "Clone" must be the Omega wrist watch, it has been in circulation for decades with the present clones being within a whisker of accuracy and practically undistinguishable from the real thing.
    Not really, they have put a lot into their products to make them a brand of choice ..... Its the counterfeit poor quality copies that are the clones.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    @Jules190

Yes I completely agree. But morality and law are two different things!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    trading standards are a joke.
    bit like our local council. when litter louts were dumping bags of rubbish on the river bank they sent us local folk a letter saying we could be prosecuted.
    Nothing to do with boxes but ....

Buy genuine and support the developer. You will always pay more but it will always have good support.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    I can concur with everything that has been said in this thread. I do occasionally buy things off ebay to use for a few weeks and then to sell on later. I have upto now purchased two Zgemma receivers to take on holiday to France with me rather than remove my other receivers from their setups, one was a Zgemma 2S and the other was a Zgemma H.2S.

The first S2 model didn't make it out of the box. The PSU that had been sold with this receiver wasn't the correct type and didn't even match the amperage stated on the box, so that went back the same day. As i paid with PayPal and my Mastercard there was no issues getting my money back.

I then opted for a H2S. That arrived and all went well for about an hour when the receiver froze, and upon resetting the power button i was greeted with a solitary red light on the front. The receiver also didn't smell too good either. When it cooled down it rebooted and ran for about 2 minutes before freezing again. I got my money back on that one two after arguing with the seller who was convinced it failed because i had put VIX on it, unbeleivable! It came with openATV on it which is what was still on it when it failed.

Zgemma receivers are utter sh*te, end of story.

In the end i got hold of a second hand Venton Unibox from a friend in Germany for £50, not the best most upto date box in the world granted, but at least i know it wont catch fire and its been great for taking on holiday. I now use it in the bedroom, the HDD has also been great for watching AVI files on

If you want a crap box that smells and will probably catch fire burning your house down killing your family , pets, and probably your neighbours then knock yourself out and get a Zgemma box
    Xtrend ET9500, 1m Gilbertini, 75cm Visiosat BISAT G3a triple lnb dish, EMP Centauri IRS system, Formuler F3, Venton Unibox Eco+, nBox 5800s, TechniSat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD PCI-e card

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manicscrewdriver For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (25-07-16),Larry-G (25-07-16),twol (25-07-16)

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Could not have said it better my self buddy. Zgemma are pure shite and worse still shite that could end up costing you your life.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    one of the reasons people buy them is cheap,no quality or safety built in then try to mod it up with everything,skins picons timeshift etcsorry to say think wos do a better product and i can sleep safely at night

Title
    Thanks
    Well I would prefer only zgemma 2s because I don't find anything similar to it.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidmehra View Post
    I don't think anyone will argue with that!

Title
    If there's a bright centre to the universe, I'm from the planet that is farthest from.
    Thanks
    By similar, do you mean unsafe and likely to kill you? You're right there's nothing quite like it on the market.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    You didn't research very much then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast