Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dish motor..hmmm???

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    You're sorted so!
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    I guess until i run into some problem lol thanks guys
    VU+ Solo2 with 1TB HDD, Running Latest OpenVix with 1M Motorised dish Running Smooth as a babies Bottom

Title
    Thanks
    Hey guys quick question would i need a LNB or can i connect the Coaxial Cable to the motor and that would just work?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    VU+ Solo2 with 1TB HDD, Running Latest OpenVix with 1M Motorised dish Running Smooth as a babies Bottom

Title
    Thanks
    That should be ok. I recall testing a motor like that. You just want to check it going to zero and moving between sat positions, I presume?
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    So i dont really need a LNB?

Title
    Thanks
    Well you do if you want to receive anything. I thought you just wanted to play with moving the motor to see what happened when you used satfinder. Are you really up for the complexities of setting up and using a motor?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    Well you do if you want to receive anything. I thought you just wanted to play with moving the motor to see what happened when you used satfinder. Are you really up for the complexities of setting up and using a motor?
    Been wondering that myself since about page 2 of this thread its been like pulling teeth at times

Couldn't have put it better.

Title
    Thanks
    Im.sorry but im a noob so was just askin so i can use 1 Coaxial to push motor and the other for LNB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    coaxial goes from box to motor in and then another lead from motor out to the lnb

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you

Title
    Thanks
    Last question before i take the jump lol (u guys must be fed up by now)

If i want to use the Coaxial for twin tuning can i get the motor to move without using both tuners? I know this may be a dopey question for u guys but please bear with me my plan is to get the LNB and use two Coaxials for twin tuner on my SOLO2 and try somehow to get motor to move without losing the twin tuner side of things

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Twin tuner setup:
    One cable will run to the motor from tuner A on the box and then a cable will run from motor to 1 port on LNB, set all this up as Tuner A positioner or whatever protocol you intend to use. Now run a cable from tuner B to second port on LNB, set this as second cable on motorised.
    What this set up will give you is twin tuner access to the same satellite. On a twin motorised setup one tuner is master, the other is slave, you can't have one tuner tuned to one satellite and the other tuner tuned to another satellite, they both can only tune to the same satellite at any one time.

Title
    Thanks
    I understand that i was thinking i lose one tuner because its to move the motor but i understand thats fine np thanks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456