Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: KODI FEEDS ARE DOWN How to install Kodi plugins via FTP ?

Title
    Thanks

KODI FEEDS ARE DOWN How to install Kodi plugins via FTP ?

Kodi stopped working so after faffing around for a while, I deleted the Kodi and reinstalled from the feeds. When it installed and I went to download "showbox" it now says I have to download manually - So I followed the instuctions and went to http://www.xtrend-alliance.com/index...mmended-links/

There it says " Please unzip and ftp the file to the plugin folder usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiDirect.

I scrolled to showbox and downloaded it, unzipped it and FTP/d it to the right folder.
    Any Idea why it's not working and what I am to do next?

The only options are

*Install from ZIP (well I was told to unzip it and put it in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiDirect )
    *Install from official repository
    *Install from other official repository

If I were to go the official repository route do I choose, Gotham, Helix or Frodo, then - which one is showbox.

I've posted up my problem as there are probaly more like me that arn't sure what to do and don't want to mess up their Solo2 box FTP'ing willy nilly

Thanks

ftp.jpg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    When I did it I ran it from my box after ftp I ran Kodi and it was there works fine on many Mutant.
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    When I did it I ran it from my box after ftp I ran Kodi and it was there works fine on my Mutant.
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Bazzer, I finally worked it out it needs to go in usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiDirect\plugins

Not in the root of Kodi - as the instructs say

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hi guys i registered there also but not got that email yet,any pointers even by pm cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Katkid, what is it you need? If I can help I will.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    not received their email over 12 hrs ago as trying to setup kodi on my xtrend et 10000 many thanks,pm sent cheers.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    not received their email over 12 hrs ago as trying to setup kodi on my xtrend et 10000 many thanks,pm sent cheers.
    When I did it after registration with http://www.xtrend-alliance.com/index...ded-links/they sent me a email straight away .

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It's not in your spam emails is it just a thought

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    no rechecked my spam as keep it empty cheers.

Title
    Thanks
    let me know what addons you want and I'll download them for you. PM me your email address and I'll send them if that helps

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    got in at last many thanks to all.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    just update them online when opening kodi.Did it 5 min ago.
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Just an update on what I discovered today. Showbox is not on the Kodi feeds only on TS Media feed.

I went into TS Media and copied it from there and pasted it into Kodi and now I have showbox again in Kodi.

I then copied across some apps from Kodi (like Video Devil) into TS Media. Now I have everything I need in one place

I'm running v11 TS Media and 20160103 Kodi and I noticed showbox and all the other apps I tried runs faster on TS Media than it does on Kodi. So I'm now using TS Media.

Title
    Thanks
    No links My tsmedia work, they did yesterday but not today xtrend et8000