Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Tuner Configuration

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuner Configuration

Title
    Thanks

Tuner Configuration

I have a DUO2 + box with a additional tuner added for access to Free-to-Air channels (Tuner C)
    Tuner A and B are both set to 28.2 as simple tuners

I was using original HADES quite happily until an update a few weeks ago at which point i have been unable to get the configuration correct and cannot see TunerB fully.

I may have got this wrong however i thought under Automatic Scan i could see all tuners however i now can only see A and C, B has disappeared.
    Additionally even though i have C setup as the preferential tuner for viewing and recording this does not work, it always selects A and B

Finally i seem to be missing all the HD channels on Tuner C.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    I should add that when i tried to automatic scan and when i try now it crashes the box

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You cannot dedicate a tuner for services. The image will decide what is available (baed on tuner configuration/services) and use accordingly.
    What is connected to each tuner please?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    What type of tuner is tuner C?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Tuner A and B are the onboard DVB-S2 (Sat) Tuner

Tuner C is a Vu+ DVB-C/T Tuner Module

As i cannot run a automatic scan due to it crashing it this a symptom of how i am tuning and running the bouquets maker?
    When you manually scan what should i select in terms of deletion and network scan? When a scan occurs how does it work out that channels are available on multiple tuners.
    When i selected through channels last night on the left hand side of the information bar i got random tuners allocated i presume to the channel.

So BBC would say A C, then Skysports would Say B

Where i would expect (and im guessing) BBC would say A,B,C and Skysports would Say A,B

Thanks, sorry slightly new on all of this

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Crash logs please.
    What build of hades are you using?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Crash logs please.
    What build of hades are you using?
    Will get these tonight when i get home

any chance you can answer my query regarding the tuners and services on multiple channels?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Could you look at your 'settings' file in "/etc/enigma2" using notepad++ or another linux compatible notepad and search (and post here) any lines beginning:-
    Code:
    config.Nims

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you actually re- configured tuner B in tuner set up to simple, sat 28.2?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Have you actually re- configured tuner B in tuner set up to simple, sat 28.2?
    Yes both tuner A and B are enabled and setup as Simple on 28.2

Title
    Thanks
    When you said "free to air" (FTA) channels, what you really meant was "Terrestrial" channels. To summarise your issue, you are unable to perform an automatic scan for Terrestrial channels.

Some receivers have slots for tuner modules. These modules come in single, single with loop out, twin tuner and hybrid varieties. You also get USB tuners, these need to have drivers installed. Sometimes people have a "single with loop out" module and asume that they have a twin tuner module. We need to establish what you have in each slot, whether you have installed any drivers (if relevant) and what you have configured them as. The Duo2 only has two tuner slots, so it is impossible for you to have plugged in three modules.

There were changes for the Vu USB tuners recently.

Here are screenshots of my tuners. Maybe you can do the same as well as written description. There is a gude to taking screenshots in my signature.
    I have an LX3 with two onboard sat tuners.
    Module 3 is a hybrid tuner. I have set it to T2 and selected Europe.
    Module 4 is also a hybrdi tuner. I have set it to Cable and selected Virgin UK (6952).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Title
    Thanks
    Maybe this to do with my misunderstanding on how the Tuners and default selection work?

When i have a service on both (A+B) and C then what should i see in the interface when selecting channel ABC? How does VIX know that BBC ONE HD is on all Tuners when it comes to record something

Title
    Thanks
    Channel data is stored in a file called lamedb. When you select a channel, the receiver checks which type it is and which tuner is available. It won't consider using a tuner which can't use that service/channel.

If you select a Terrestrial channel, only the Terrestrial tuners are considered for selection. On the other hand, if you select a satellite channel, only satellite tuners are considered.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Channel data is stored in a file called lamedb. When you select a channel, the receiver checks which type it is and which tuner is available. It won't consider using a tuner which can't use that service/channel.

If you select a Terrestrial channel, only the Terrestrial tuners are considered for selection. On the other hand, if you select a satellite channel, only satellite tuners are considered.
    Maybe i just fluked it before then.

So if i have 2 channels for example BBC ONE HD on both terrestrial (C) and Satellite (A+B) and had a Autotimer job then how does it work out, that channel is available on both. Or does it not and the recording would be linked to whichever i selected at time of recording?

Title
    Thanks
    They are two different channels. May I suggest you enabel teh service type icon. Yuo will then know which type you are selecting.

The timer is based on the service you selected at the time of setting it up, if you indeed specified which service. There is an "alternatives" that is coded into the image.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast