Yes, I would suggest you do your homework carefully as regards need for optical/coax S/PDIF connections. My seven year old Onkyo has three optical and three coax S/PDIF connectors but also only three HDMI in connectors. The HDMI out connector to the TV does not support HDMI ARC which is a newer facility where a "smart" TV can output audio back to the amplifier. As an example, my plasma TV had a hardware failure a couple of months ago which was too expensive to repair, so I replaced it with a new TV with built-in internet connectivity which support Netflix etc. Because my amp does not support ARC, I couldn't use the HDMI connection for the return audio channel. I ended up using an optical to coax converter because the only cable I had available was a coax buried in the wall behind the TV.
So, plenty of HDMI inputs/outputs, preferably supporting the latest HDMI standards including ARC. Optical or coax S/PDIF as required, but these won't support high-resolution audio - just compressed Dolby Digital or DTS 5.1 or maybe 96kHz stereo PCM. HDMI supports all the high-end audio and video standards.