Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Two EPG's

Title
    Thanks

Two EPG's

Hi
    New to forum so take it easy
    I have just had a new box ET8000 with 3 inputs 2 x Sat (A & B Tuner), 1 x Arial (C Tuner) running blue HD skin and VIX open
    It is all running fine and EPG looks like S*y
    The only way I seem to get to the terrestrial channels is via TV > Satellites > Terrestrial-Services then channels are there in a list
    My question is this, is there a stored EPG for Freeview and how do I access this on the remote control.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If you are asking about what most of the world calls EPG, but Sky calls Synopsis, you should not need to do anything. As soon as you tune a Terrestrial channel, the EPG data should download automatically. Youcan automate tihs process if you want.

If you asking about Chanenl lists/favourites/genres? We call these bouquets.
    AutoBouquetsMaker also obtains channel data and makes bouquets for UK freeview.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi and thanks for your reply
    Have set up ABM and working well.
    What I was trying to asking is it possible to go from Sky EPG to a Freeview EPG
    When STB boots up at the moment it goes to satellite (tuner A & B with Sat inputs)
    How do I go to terrestrial (Tuner C) at bootup and have a Freeview EPG
    Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Receiver usually starts on last used service. If you want to change bouquet, press the TV button, select the bouquet you want. In ABM, expert menu, you can add the provider name to bouquets. That way you will know which bouquet is which.

You will struggle to get the most of your receiver if you use the terminology that Sky uses. The whole world uses EPG to mean Electronic Program Guide.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Thanks for reply
    Now starting to understand the EPG I have four providers selected what I did not understand was that one provider's EPG is after the other.
    Thanks for help

Title
    Thanks
    You mean bouquets

Title
    Thanks
    If you enable not-indexed channels, you will get all hree 28.2 provider chanenls. The additional channels will fall in the "other" bouquet.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

pitmantrev (02-08-15)