Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: World of Satellite shop feedback

Title
    Thanks

Thumbs down World of Satellite shop feedback

I have placed many orders with WOS and always been 100% satisfied. I have posted positive feedback on this forum a number of times too.

This is the first time I'll be posting a negative review.

I placed an order on Thursday evening and paid for Saturday delivery. I needed it to be delivered Saturday morning. As there are multiple Saturday delivery options with no description (AM/PM), I chose the first option and placed the note: I need this delivered on Sat 18 July MORNING. Please give me a call if there are any issues with this <phone number>. Thanks

The order progressed and I got the dispatch email on Friday. There was no mention of time window, so I tried to call WOS to confirm it would be delivered in the morning. No-one picked up the phone.

I have just received the time slot email - between 16:43 and 17:43. So I've paid extra for delivery and now I'm going to have to reschedule.

WOS - please read this and act on it. I suggest updating the delivery descriptions to clarify the time windows for each option. More importantly, you must read customer notes.

All previous orders have been smooth, so I won't let this put me off future orders, but I hope you take this feedback constructively.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rikesh View Post
    I have placed many orders with WOS and always been 100% satisfied. I have posted positive feedback on this forum a number of times too.

I placed an order on Thursday evening and paid for Saturday delivery. I needed it to be delivered Saturday morning. As there are multiple Saturday delivery options with no description (AM/PM), I chose the first option and placed the note: I need this delivered on Sat 18 July MORNING. Please give me a call if there are any issues with this <phone number>. Thanks

The order progressed and I got the dispatch email on Friday. There was no mention of time window, so I tried to call WOS to confirm it would be delivered in the morning. No-one picked up the phone.

I have just received the time slot email - between 16:43 and 17:43. So I've paid extra for delivery and now I'm going to have to reschedule.

WOS - please read this and act on it. I suggest updating the delivery descriptions to clarify the time windows for each option. More importantly, you must read customer notes.

All previous orders have been smooth, so I won't let this put me off future orders, but I hope you take this feedback constructively.
    when i ordered my box it was the same, I thought it was going to delivered for sat instead is cam Monday. I emailed them and asked them to make it more clearer in future.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    If the wrong time on delivery is your biggest issue, you're doing well...
    Really a need for a negative review?
    Last edited by judge; 18-07-15 at 11:00.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 473 Posts

Apologies if you've been inconvenienced, but we've tracked down your order and you paid for the cheaper 'Saturday Courier Delivery', this service is a Saturday delivery service, but not guaranteed before 1pm. Yes we've just seen your order comment, which unfortunately our warehouse has must have missed, can happen during busy periods, after all we're only human If the warehouse had of noticed this we would have requested extra payment for the guaranteed before 1pm service. If it were that important to receive before 1pm you should have chosen the more expensive before 1pm Saturday delivery service.

Also please note Interlink Express / DPD do not issue delivery time slots until day of delivery.

See our attached screenshot for the services that had been offered.

Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    when i ordered my box it was the same, I thought it was going to delivered for sat instead is cam Monday. I emailed them and asked them to make it more clearer in future.
    Not sure of your order details or if you even paid for Saturday delivery, our checkout system does advise a 3pm cut off time during weekdays and all delivery services state 'Next Working Day' or 'Saturday Delivery'. Again please see attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by world-of-satellite.co.uk; 18-07-15 at 12:12.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Well all i can say is ive got nothing but praise for the way WOS handled my order and will alway be using them in the future as there customer service is second to none

Title
    Thanks
    Hello, thanks for getting back so quickly.

Glad to see you've updated the description of delivery options. Unless I'm going blind, the wording in your screenshot didn't exist on Thursday evening when I placed the order hence my order note and phone call on Friday.

Anyway, never mind - I only posted this thread to ensure it doesn't happen to future customers. I should stress again that I've had an excellent order history over the past few years and will continue to use WOS.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    mine is not a complaint in regards to WOS, in fact I would use WOS again to purchase my next box and also would recommend to others. For me, I would like to have the delivery times extra clearer, for example, when I ordered my box I used the - Interlink Express Next Working Day (ORDER BY 3PM), which I ordered before 3pm on Friday, expecting Saturday delivery, ideally next to Interlink Express Next Working Day (ORDER BY 3PM), a small quote next to that to say no Sat delivery, for sat delivery please pick one of the options below Saturday Royal Mail Special Delivery or Saturday Gauranteed Trackable Courier Delivery .

When I did email WOS they replied very promptly & professionally and pointed out that I should have picked a Sat delivery.
    Last edited by john doe; 18-07-15 at 13:12.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Saturday isnt counted as a working day, so if you order friday, next working day is Monday
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rossi2000 For This Useful Post:

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    For some delivery companies Saturday and Sunday are 'normal' working days. I've had Amazon deliveries on weekday evenings (between 7 and 9pm), on Saturdays and on a Sunday without paying a premium price, albeit these were not next day deliveries.

Perhaps as the delivery world seems in a state of change WOS should alter the wording to stress that their cheaper next working day deliveries exclude weekends and bank holidays.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Glad to see you've updated the description of delivery options. Unless I'm going blind, the wording in your screenshot didn't exist on Thursday evening when I placed the order hence my order note and phone call on Friday.
    You should've been given the same options, we'll look into this further.

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    mine is not a complaint in regards to WOS, in fact I would use WOS again to purchase my next box and also would recommend to others. For me, I would like to have the delivery times extra clearer, for example, when I ordered my box I used the - Interlink Express Next Working Day (ORDER BY 3PM), which I ordered before 3pm on Friday, expecting Saturday delivery, ideally next to Interlink Express Next Working Day (ORDER BY 3PM), a small quote next to that to say no Sat delivery, for sat delivery please pick one of the options below Saturday Royal Mail Special Delivery or Saturday Gauranteed Trackable Courier Delivery .

When I did email WOS they replied very promptly & professionally and pointed out that I should have picked a Sat delivery.
    Thank you for the feedback, we'll look into it, there's only so much text we can add before things get cluttered, especially with more and more people using mobile devices for online shopping, more text on smaller screens could make things more confusing for customers.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

john doe (19-07-15),mcquaim (18-07-15)

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    For some delivery companies Saturday and Sunday are 'normal' working days. I've had Amazon deliveries on weekday evenings (between 7 and 9pm), on Saturdays and on a Sunday without paying a premium price, albeit these were not next day deliveries.
    This is being looked into, unfortunately for us, the likes of DPD/Interlink have different rules for independent retailers and huge multi-million pound companies like Amazon.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to world-of-satellite.co.uk For This Useful Post:

mcquaim (18-07-15)