Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: KodiDirect 2.0 genesis not workin lx2

Title
    Thanks

KodiDirect 2.0 genesis not workin lx2

Hi

I can't seem to get genesis in kodiDirect to work anymore.

I have a lx2 with openvix hades image

Downloaded kodiutils but not sure what to with it?

Hope you guys can help

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    not used the utils,but do other sources open for you on kodidirect,sometimes genesis or other names dont run=error as maybe blocked at other end,next time you go to use it there maybe an update and addons and will work again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cactikid For This Useful Post:

Shiv (12-07-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi guys, I run a duo2, and a solo2, I have different versions of kodi, and genesis on each machine.
    On the duo I have the latest version of kodi and the latest version of genesis (4.8.3) which doesn't work and has not worked for me since genesis version 4.8.0.
    On the solo2 I'm still running genesis version 4.4.6 and it still works fine.
    So you could try an older version to see how it goes, I know that all versions appeared to work prior to 4.8.0

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onionboy For This Useful Post:

cactikid (12-07-15),Shiv (12-07-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Onionboy View Post
    Hi guys, I run a duo2, and a solo2, I have different versions of kodi, and genesis on each machine.
    On the duo I have the latest version of kodi and the latest version of genesis (4.8.3) which doesn't work and has not worked for me since genesis version 4.8.0.
    On the solo2 I'm still running genesis version 4.4.6 and it still works fine.
    So you could try an older version to see how it goes, I know that all versions appeared to work prior to 4.8.0
    Thanks for reply.

I'm new to enigma boxes, if yourself or anyone else give me a few more details of how to install previous versions of genesis or kodi?

Can it all be done via the box or will I have to get the laptop out download some files and ftp it to the box?

Kind regards

Title
    Thanks
    Hey

Other sources don't work properly either.... I'd click on a movie for example and it would just load to a different film completely....and I deleted genesis and now it won't install at all now

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    not sure if you can install previous versions as like tsmedia.kodidirect comes from the plugin download to install from extentions,only way i think is upgrading and not going backwards.
    it may also depend on box as solo2 and duo also differ on mine.

if you only deleted one addon you should be able to reload it by choosing more addons?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi guys, I think the reason that you can't reinstall genesis at the moment is that their server is down................happens quite a lot.
    As regards an older version of genesis if you google "genesis version 4.4.6 zip" that should guide you the lambda site, where you can download various versions, but as the server is down at the moment you will probably be unable to access it currently.
    https://offshoregit.com/lambda81/lam...video.genesis/
    I think this is the link, and, as far as I can remember they are zip files, I haven't actually installed from zip files, (because I have a working version on the solo2) so I can't give you any clue as to how to do it, but that's all part of the fun, what the worst that can happen, best of luck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Onionboy For This Useful Post:

cactikid (12-07-15)

Title
    Thanks
    I also cannot get Genisis to run on my Xtrend ET8000, other stuff works but not Genesis.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi, I have been running the latest versions of genesis on my duo2 recently without any joy, but I have an older version of genesis on my solo2 which still works.
    So I installed version 4.5.7 on my duo and it works just fine, I think that this is the last working version for us at the moment.
    Use this link to get to the lambda site, then choose the file you want (4.5.7 recommended)
    Once downloaded, open up the zip file and move the "plugin.video.genesis" folder to the place you normally FTP from.
    Delete your current genesis plugin via your set top box
    Connect to your box with DCC or FileZilla then it's.... usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/kodidirect/plugins
    Then FTP older version over to the box, restart GUI and that should be it

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onionboy For This Useful Post:

dfox (13-07-15),mr.raw (14-07-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Onionboy View Post
    Hi, I have been running the latest versions of genesis on my duo2 recently without any joy, but I have an older version of genesis on my solo2 which still works.
    So I installed version 4.5.7 on my duo and it works just fine, I think that this is the last working version for us at the moment.
    Use this link to get to the lambda site, then choose the file you want (4.5.7 recommended)
    Once downloaded, open up the zip file and move the "plugin.video.genesis" folder to the place you normally FTP from.
    Delete your current genesis plugin via your set top box
    Connect to your box with DCC or FileZilla then it's.... usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/kodidirect/plugins
    Then FTP older version over to the box, restart GUI and that should be it
    All worked fine with Genesis 4.5.7, installed Kodi Direct update 13/07/2015 and sure enough Genesis isnt working again even though it has 4.5.7. Anyone know how I can downgrade the version kodi to the previous one?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi, I could be wrong but I know that the Genesis site has been down all day, so there servers aren't available at the moment, this is a regular thing with Genesis, it's usually a case of just waiting until their back up again.
    I did however notice that there had been a "fix" for Genesis in the latest Kodi upgrade........whatever that means, let's hope it's the fix we need