Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Review: Amiko A3 and other Android boxes

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Well, you can make a post as long as you want, but Spark2 is crap and Fulan must have stopped the development for a reason

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Well, you can make a post as long as you want, but Spark2 is crap and Fulan must have stopped the development for a reason
    Why do they call is Spark 2? Its Android 4.2.2.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Spark2 is indeed Android 4.2.2 based; no idea why they went to names.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Spark can't compete E2 in the DVR area. It's nowhere as mature and flexible, and it would need an enormous amount of development to come to pair.
    But: the SoC of the A3's doesn't allow for more then it does now.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoga View Post
    Why don’t you go get yourself one of those clunky Solo2 and get the hell out of this thread?
    I'm the boss here, if you don't like my opinion don't post here, simple..

A3 gives you portability which none of those clunky boxes you mentioned cannot.
    Why would anyone want portability??

All I’m trying to say is that you should stop misleading people just because A3 does not meet your expectations.
    I'm not mis-leading anyone, I'm just posting what I've found from my own experiance.

Suggesting that they rather get wetek play was also very unwise of you because I bet you don’t own one.
    LOL, another stupid comment, do you want me to post a video with proof?

Though wetek play performs much better with openElec, it defies the purpose of me or anyone buying an android DVB system.
    Why? You can use TVHeadend in Openelec. Also with the Wetek you can use whatever you like, boot Openelec from SD or install in flash. Run dual boot, Anroid in flash and boot Openelec from SD card, simple

I replaced my 800HD with wetek play which I realized wasn’t improving as I expected.
    Android in A3 is no better than the Wetek, imo the Wetek satellite setup in Android is easier to use than the A3, but thats just my opinion.

I wanted something simple for my living room, wasn’t ready to waste time on tinkering like I used to do on the WP. In short, I wanted something that just works and A3 did that for me, now I watch TV, use my system as it should be instead of tinkering and logging bugs.
    You should have used a E2 receiver that runs OpenViX

Everyone is complaining about “closed firmware”; IOS is closed firmware but yet everyone loves to have one. Why? Because it just works! And that’s how I feel about the A3. There is no need for many OS for a system, because you end up using one. One solid working OS is far better than a dozens of half-baked ones. Stop comparing products that are more expensive with inexpensive ones and stop misleading others. Go take a look at FTA Receiver forum, and tell me how many guys there complain. They don’t complain like you do because it works pretty well for them.
    1) If you feel that way you shouldv'e purchased the IDENTICAL SAB ANDROID I HD and saved yourself a small forutune
    2) I'm not mis-leading anyone, posting from my own experiance, I've got all the receivers in question and am able to test and post about them.
    3) Yes I agree IOS products do just work, but I've not yes found any Android product that 'just works'. All have somekind of niggly bug. Android system in way compare to E2 as a PVR for family use.

@Rob van der Does
    Spark2 is the beautiful interface that hides the UI seen in tabs and phones - they think TV-wise.
    LOL, is just Android 4.2.2, Spark2, what a crock of crap....I prefer the UI on the SAB Nova Android HD or the Wetek, I found the UI on the A3/SAB Android I to clunky. Again you'll proberbly post saying I'm mis-leading...

BTW I don’t work for Amiko, Fulan or whatever.
    You must have somekind of finincial interest in the A3 to post such a glowing report.

I'm not saying the A3 is a bad product, it's just not as good as your glowing report. Anyone who wants an A3 should save themselves a small fortune and buy the IDENTICAL SAB Android I

If you don't like my opinion get the hell out of my Forum, simple...
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    BTW I don’t work for Amiko, Fulan or whatever.
    Well, you should. I'm pretty sure that putting your post on your CV will make you an excellent candidate

Title
    Thanks
    Just adding a couple of points:

Spark2 is not the OS- nor does it claim to be, it's a custom launcher that's the main UI.

Secondly, Android is an open source OS- so calling it a closed source OS is incorrect. The Spark2 launcher is closed source however- but root access is available by default so you do have full access to the OS, so development would be possible, but pretty much uneeded, as all the features work.

As for the HDD being pointless- I have to disagree, A hdd is always a welcome addition- my E2 receiver has a hdd and I'm glad my A3 does aswell as it means a download directly to the hdd- plus it opens up the possibilities of re-directing the data partition to the hdd rather than having it on the NAND as you can on some phones (apps2sd).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You have made comparissons with a Wetek Play. That is not a proper E2 receiver.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I have made a request at Kodi PVR support. If this is not currently available,none that I know of, please support my request here. It would be nice to have a Kodi PVR plugin for A3.
    Can your friends at lava not help you?
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I think this thread has run its course, time to close.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (25-07-15),cactikid (25-07-15)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234