Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: TSMedia minimum hardware requirements

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

TSMedia minimum hardware requirements

Hi all

I'm on the latest Vix Hades image on my Technomate Nano SE. I have installed TSMedia 10.0 from the feeds and updated it to 10.1 through the plugin itself.

I've installed a couple of add-ons such as Genesis and Showbox but can't get anything to play. I got one movie to play using Genesis after trying 3 or 4 but the playback was awful. Also the navigation through TSMedia is super slow so I'm wondering if maybe this plugin is more suitable to run off boxes with faster processors and more RAM.

Any input would be appreciate so that I can stop wasting my time.

Thanks.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I too can never get anything to play using Genesis or any other movie/tv show app on TS Media apart from showbox, and I am running a GI LX3.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfox View Post
    I too can never get anything to play using Genesis or any other movie/tv show app on TS Media apart from showbox, and I am running a GI LX3.
    genesis works on mine fine

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    which box you got mate?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    Doesn't work on mine. Down to ISP maybe. I have even setup openvpn and it still doesnt work.

Title
    Thanks
    I've got a TM-nano-se and tsmedia works fine, use watchtvseries for all the tv stuff and onechannel for the movies. Rememer you have the change the path of where you look for the files. Google unblocked and on the right on the page are the links for the proxies.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kegnkiwi For This Useful Post:

gizmofreak (08-07-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kegnkiwi View Post
    I've got a TM-nano-se and tsmedia works fine, use watchtvseries for all the tv stuff and onechannel for the movies. Rememer you have the change the path of where you look for the files. Google unblocked and on the right on the page are the links for the proxies.
    will give it a go. thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kegnkiwi View Post
    Do you need to do this for all the add-ons or just watchtvseries?

Title
    Thanks
    I would expect most of them as the uk isp are blocking the use of tsmedia and the unblocked proxy is the way to get around it. Some work and some don't and it varies from each build of tsmedia but on version 10.1 watchseries and primewire are working well. I just made a video showing how quick tsmedia works on nano-se but the file size is 255mb so i need to do something to get the file smaller. For those who are stuggling i just filmed and timed it and from launch to video playing about 1.4 mins.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kegnkiwi For This Useful Post:

gizmofreak (08-07-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    kegnkiwi thanks mate I managed to get watchtvseries working using your advice. Speed is as slow as sh*t though. What would be useful is to know which add-ons people are using successfully in TSMedia; so far we have two:

1. watchtvseries (proxy needed)
    2. primewire (proxy needed)

Title
    Thanks
    I also have trouble with genesis. Used to work thought, now I use showbox, a lot of tsmedia plugins need updating and we need to find good working proxies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk