Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Error- Script Failed on Genesis

Title
    Thanks

Error- Script Failed on Genesis

I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing same issue as me but since yesterday I have been getting Error- Script Failed message on playing movies on Genesis? Any advice guys? I am using official XBMC plugin from Vu solo 2
    I have already tried uninstalling & reinstalling the addon but had no joy with it?
    Last edited by mskhan01; 30-06-15 at 20:31.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Based on your other issue with telnet, I think it would be best to flash your image fro m scratch.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've been getting the same message with genesis on kodi loaded on a fire tv stick.

Title
    Thanks
    if you look on youtube there's a few videos relating to this message, suggest fixes, off top of my head, reinstall or refresh the addon was among them
    the vids were step by step easy to follow, most posted as xbmc, might not resolve but no harm checking them out

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I just refresh the addon and then it works fine
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

Title
    Thanks
    I have the same problem 2 days ago since the last update.
    Im using it on Vu+ BH with XBMC Launcher, and iv deleted .xbmc and then tried to install addon from scratch, it installs and i can configure all again, but same error Script Failed.
    On PC runs everything well, just on VU+ stopped working. I havent flashed BH image from scratch, if anyone does that tell me if solved.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grik View Post
    I have the same problem 2 days ago since the last update.
    Im using it on Vu+ BH with XBMC Launcher, and iv deleted .xbmc and then tried to install addon from scratch, it installs and i can configure all again, but same error Script Failed.
    On PC runs everything well, just on VU+ stopped working. I havent flashed BH image from scratch, if anyone does that tell me if solved.

Thanks
    I don't think there is any point in reflashing your image, as in my case my addon was working perfectly well un till 2 days ago? I think they have made some changes to the addon, hence it is giving script error on older Xbmc softwares like what we have on vu boxes. Not sure if the problem will be fixed in any future updates?
    Last edited by mskhan01; 01-07-15 at 19:49.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzer View Post
    I just refresh the addon and then it works fine

How do you refresh your addon? I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling it but problem is still there?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would like to know how you refresh your add on as well, I am running kodi on fire tv stick.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry when I said reflash I should have said re-install the addon. I myself is having problems with Kodi Direct this morning took Genesis off and now I can't download any addons to re-install.
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

Title
    Thanks
    Yes iv installed everything from scratch, its just delete .xbmc and then run it again and configure it, it cleans all the configs on XBMC.

After all this doesnt work, its some lack of feature that is not present on the XBMC Launcher on Vu+ , its not a normal xbmc version, it as several limitations just to make it work i supose. We will wait an update maybe, if there is any luck.
    Last edited by grik; 02-07-15 at 16:27.

Title
    Thanks
    Definitely looks like a genesis issue as other hubs/streams work OK. I upgraded to Hades but made no difference as xbmc plugin still giving the error, as far as I can tell it relates to genesis changelog dated 28 june v4.8.0 as prior to that date all was ok on my VU+ Solo2. Current version v4.8.2 still gives error.

RaspPi version works fine! It's a Genesis issue.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yep just to confirm what culmor said , it is definitely a Genesis v4.8.2 issue has the older version v4.8.0 works fine . Update and you will have problems

Title
    Thanks
    Unfortunately I have also deleted my XMBC plugin to have a fresh reinstall & now fusion website is down & I can't add that repo? stuck for now

Title
    Thanks
    Can someone share the previous version we can disable auto updates and leave using the previous.

Is this possible or we really have to update?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast