Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No internet (different user)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    I've got one that I use daily, it's warm not hot, same as any other box, remember lid is lower on 8k compared to a duo, so closer to components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3sharps
    I have had the same issue since changing to Hades, faultless with Apollo on the same box, but now regularly losing the network on restart, sometimes comes back after restart and sometimes needs a backup restore (which fails) but kicks it back into life.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    one thing that worries me is how hot this box is in standby.
    how long have have you had the box as mine was the 17/05/2015 ?
    Literally one week. What makes it worse is they lowered the price today!

I have asked for a different box, even if I have to put money towards. Day one issues scare me!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dazzlaa For This Useful Post:

cactikid (03-07-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    sometimes things happen thats out of our control,yes also from day 1 suggesting maybe a bad batch?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    sometimes things happen thats out of our control,yes also from day 1 suggesting maybe a bad batch?
    give this a rest, it may be a new box for you, but has been around for over 18 months and available with other images for some time ..... Without issues.

Xtrend is,an established provider in the rest of Europe, and if there were reliabilty issues you would have long seen the issue raised on other sites.
    Last edited by twol; 03-07-15 at 23:29.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

7. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (04-07-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Actually, there are two identical issues on this site, another Amazon reviewer (in German) has posted about the same issue, but what is most worrying is what has been described as a security board included in the xtrend which runs from a battery, users have reported 2 years of life and then a dead box due to battery failure ..These are Amazon.de reviews and other German sites I have been browsing over the past 24hrs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dazzlaa For This Useful Post:

cactikid (04-07-15)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzlaa View Post
    Actually, there are two identical issues on this site, another Amazon reviewer (in German) has posted about the same issue, but what is most worrying is what has been described as a security board included in the xtrend which runs from a battery, users have reported 2 years of life and then a dead box due to battery failure ..These are Amazon.de reviews and other German sites I have been browsing over the past 24hrs.
    My ET8000 still going strong from when 1st released.

Many models have security boards now to stop cloners, inc HD2400 and Octagon models.

I've even got old ET5000 & ET6000, ET9000, ET9500, MaxDigital XP1000 receivers from around 4-5 years ago still going strong, the security boards in newer models have re-designed for better reliability and longer life.

Regards the network issue originally reported I've managed to replicate once today after days of testing. Only way I could replicate is using CCcam. Using MGcamd never, ever had a single network issue. It's not a hardware issue.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Noncense, see my post above.

It's not a hardware issue. Replicate myself today after testing for nearly a week trying to reproduce it, happened to me ONCE ONLY today using CCcam, normally use MGCamd and have always been, never ever had a single issue with network.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Thanks
    I've never used mgcamd on any box mate, what's the difference?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    my box had no cams or plugins just a fresh reflash and checked download plugins which worked but when box was rebooted it would not reconnect to lan .it wont put me off that good name.nothing in life is 100% perfect.

Title
    Thanks
    my box had no cams or plugins just a fresh reflash and checked download plugins which worked but when box was rebooted it would not reconnect to lan .it wont put me off that good name.nothing in life is 100% perfect.

Exactly this ^^

Upon a reflash whilst attempting to solve my issue, I tested with absolutely No plugins or cams whatsoever and I had no network.

There obviously are working units out there, but to suggest a box is not faulty because yours isn't is a bit naive.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Can both you two guys please give the following info:

1) Makes and models of routers used?
    2) Speed of routers beings used, gigabit or 10/100?
    3) Hard wired direct to routers?
    4) Any switches inline to router? Again gigabit or 10/100?
    5) Homeplugs being used?

Think this needs to get back to somekind of perspective, look at the reported issues on ET8000, more or less only you two guys in the whole section. Look at other makes/models how many issues get reported.... Imo it says something for the make/model when hardly anything is reported here

In all honesty, when i managed to replicate today, it wasn't through normal usage, i was hammering network downloading high number of large files, recoridng loads of channels etc.., wasn't normal usage.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    upc cisco router 3925.
    10/100 suppose to be on 120mb on fibre.
    all hard wired no wifi used
    yes 1. 8port lan switch 10/100 with multiple connections
    + bypassed with new long cable to router box and router rebooted.
    tried homeplugs not worked as unsure if working?

.................................................. ............................
    just to add all other boxes solo2,duo,tm nano se,solo and max digital all work with 8 port switches and hard wired in other rooms.
    Last edited by cactikid; 04-07-15 at 23:34.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    yes 1. 8port lan switch 10/100 with multiple connections
    Do you have another switch that you could put in line and test? Gigabit switch if possible, or has is your box already on its way for inspect by WoS?
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    no not packed it up yet but i used new lan cable direct from box to router as it bypasses all other stuff if it had issues,when box was hot no connection,1/2 off it would then connect until i rebooted,as kodidect does when adding stuff.d.
    trying to move stuff off the internal hdd first before sending back.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast