Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Cloud ibox 2 plus stuck at boot

Title
    Thanks

Cloud ibox 2 plus stuck at boot

Hi All,

I was messing about with my cloud ibox 2 plus, it has the blackhole image on it, can't remember what version. I went and clicked update in the settings and left it quite a long time, an hour or 2, it was just stuck at updating so I assumed it crashed out and powered it off. As stupid as it sounds, I was pretty sure it wasn't going anywhere which is why I done it.

Now when I boot up it just sticks at boot and shows the blackhole splash screen. Eventually it goes black and shows the screen again. I think it may be either stuck at boot or stuck in a loop, I can't say for sure it's in a loop though as the front lcd display just shows boot and doesn't go off.

I'm hoping it's not bricked and is somehow recoverable. I've tried flashing it but it's not working, when I put in my usb it just stays at boot and shows the splash screen. I've tried with xpeedlx and cloudix as the folder name, just ignores it.

Alot of people have mentioned online about using a kingston 4GB flash drive, but I've used my usb to flash before I'm sure, I don't know if that was on the other box though as I had 2 of these.

I've ordered a R232 null modem to try and console into the box, apparently there is a CFE mode I can get into, not sure what it will let me configure though I will just need to dig about online to try and see what is about.

Is there anyone that can reassure me I've not bricked my box? Anyone got any good ideas what to do to recover it? I've still to try another usb drive, not got many about. The one I use is from a vendor called syncsort as a present for taking a course with them. It looks really cheap and has a sticker that says made in China.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    We dont support this receiver here becasue it is a clone.

Please feel free to ask about any of the supported receivers.