Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: thinking of buying

Title
    Thanks

thinking of buying

hi all first time post

thinking about buying a weket box,
    but just wondering if this box is capable of receive the same channels as my zgemma s,
    also whats your opinions on this box getting a quad core upgrade in the future, is it likely or not

Title
    Thanks
    I don't know if wetek is getting any new model :/

i never used a zgemma box, for what i searched in google, the only big difference to wetek is the card reader

beside that, nothing much

Where do you live?
    I can ask the moderators from wetek if you going to be able to scan the channels

but i think wetek can

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xixas86 For This Useful Post:

gleebo (07-07-15)

Title
    Thanks
    thanks for the reply, i live in the uk, yorkshire

Title
    Thanks
    I would say yes it is worth buying, the android kodi side of things works flawlessly, the sat side is still a bit buggy. That said, its early days yet and the OpenATV build has just been released so its looking promising. Wetek seem committed to support and people are working on porting things over pretty quickly.

I opted for the wetek over the Amiko A3 but its a flip of a coin in this game, we could end up with a lemon box, like the old spiderboxes where loads of support was promised by the devs but ended up with doorstops cos no software updates came out or a decent channel editor.

The Amiko A3 seems to be slightly ahead with support but the wetek is superior in build quailty IMO and if OpenVix follow OpenAtv then i reckon we will have a killer box with the wetek.

I bought mine because i like to tinker about and learn, so if thats what you enjoy then get stuck in, for 90 quid i dont think you can go wrong really. Even though its only a dual core it runs nice n smooth.

As always in this game, theres no guarantees, no promises. If all else fails your left with a half decent Kodi box with decent amount of USB ports, wifi, good picture quality at 1080p.

Take a punt. I too live in Yorkshire and when i get mine running decent i will be uploading SD card dumps configured to run with no messing. I'm in Leeds so will be using the Emley Moor transmitter for freeview, and the North/West Yorkshire SLY settings.
    Last edited by shockdj; 24-06-15 at 02:52.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shockdj For This Useful Post:

gleebo (07-07-15)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shockdj View Post
    I opted for the wetek over the Amiko A3 but its a flip of a coin in this game, we could end up with a lemon box, like the old spiderboxes where loads of support was promised by the devs but ended up with doorstops cos no software updates came out or a decent channel editor.

The Amiko A3 seems to be slightly ahead with support but the wetek is superior in build quailty IMO and if OpenVix follow OpenAtv then i reckon we will have a killer box with the wetek.
    Amiko A3 is terrible for multimedia playback using SMB/NAS, glitches contstant, no smooth playback at all. PQ from media playback is poor also. Dont be fooled by the publicity crap the A3 is getting. A3 only has Android Jelly bean 4.2 OS. Wetek has Android 4.4 kitkit, native openelec and various other OS's that can be booted from SD card. Wetek has a choice of twin satellite tuner or hybrid tuner, both plug and play, A3 has a fixed sat tuner.

I've tested an number of Kodi devices recently, imo the Amiko A3 is the worst of the bunch for multimedia playback.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

johnrichard (30-08-15)

Title
    Thanks
    At this stage I would some the differences up between the Wetek and the A3 as:

If you want something you can plug in and it just works then go for the A3, any playback issues (which I've not experienced personally playing HD .mkv's from NAS drive) would be cured by installing a different video app.

The Wetek at this stage is more an 'enthusiasts' box- if you've got the time to play with it and set it up then it definitely has potential, but for end users I'd recommend the A3.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twelfd View Post
    The Wetek at this stage is more an 'enthusiasts' box- if you've got the time to play with it and set it up then it definitely has potential, but for end users I'd recommend the A3.
    Noncence, you can plug and play the Wetek too and has better capabilities.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Noncence, you can plug and play the Wetek too and has better capabilities.
    You can- one of the main reasons I got a Wetek is because I'm a fan of the CyanogenMod roms on my phone- but I have to conceed that the Spark2 launcher on the A3 provides a better living room experience, and with Crossepg working and being able to import E2 channel lists I still think the A3 has the advantage in Android- but the Wetek has the advantage of being very customizable (multiple OS's, multiboot from sdcard etc).

Title
    Thanks
    Wetek gives you possibilities, with the Roms and OS's

A "final" user can setup his wetek and doesn't need to do anything else.
    whatch TV, some addons, connection with NAS.
    etc etc etc

But, we live in a world that tecnology is always evolving
    And wetek has that
    OpenElec is always evolving, android too, and now, OpenATV E2 and wetek will get OpenATV E2 with Built in KODI

What i heard, it's the new Kodi 15.0 Isengard...

The support on their forum is great, the tutorials i see there, i'm porting them here with their knowlegde.

I think i've made the right choice when i boought mine

And yes, i'm a enthusiast, but i have a friend who bought one, set it up, and works very nice!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xixas86 For This Useful Post:

Sicilian (27-06-15)

Title
    Thanks
    So your saying the Wetek play with be good to use for satellite and have Kodi built in too?

Is it easy to use and set up?

Does cccam work on it?

Title
    Thanks
    yep, you can put cccam on oscam

with wetek you can use Openelec, android and now openatv with the dvb-s tuner

no problem

at first it seems difficult, but believe me, it's very easy to scan channels

but you can check out their official forum as well

16. The Following User Says Thank You to xixas86 For This Useful Post:

duoduo (30-06-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stav81244 View Post
    So your saying the Wetek play with be good to use for satellite and have Kodi built in too?

Is it easy to use and set up?

Does cccam work on it?
    I also want to know if cccam or mgcamd work.

Title
    Thanks
    you can convert mgcamd to cccam and put it on oscam

simple

see this video

It's a tutorial for cccam

19. The Following User Says Thank You to xixas86 For This Useful Post:

mr.raw (30-06-15)