Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: need to buy a new box r 2

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

need to buy a new box r 2

hi
    just bought a tm twin off wos to replace an old tm 800 that went faulty. i like the box very much and am thinking of replacing all the boxes in my house for these. im wondering if there is much difference between these and the nano r the nano super. i only have single feeds coming to each of the spare rooms(including the room the tm twin is in). i currently have a vu duo(main room) vu solo(sun room) tm twin (new) , tm500 tm600 and 3 dm500 clones (bedrooms). in the rest of the boxes i dont need rf out. just would like someone opinion if the have any of these boxes and if any of them are worth the extra doe. ps i have 2 broken tm800s they flash ok and turn on and boot ok but dont think they send voltage to the lnb tried swapping the boards about but still no joy if anyone wants them for the price of p+p they can have them ... if any of the mods on this site want them i'll pay the p+p might be an easy fix for someone (only 1 remote for the two boxes)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, I might be interested in the two old TM800s if you can come up with a postage price. I suspect the mods may want this done in the open in a separate thread in the trading area(?), otherwise you could PM me the cost and i'll PayPal you.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Personally, if you are spending around 150, I would not buy a receiver using the 7335 CPU. They are quite old. Look at the 7356 range of receivers. The 3T combo is worth the little bit extra compared to the Nano 2 super owing to the extra tuner.

I would not automatically deduce your TM800 are faulty. Some Sky LNBs struggle when more than one receiver is connected to them. This could be the issue.

If you are happy with just watching TV in the bedroom and there is no need for plugins, flash Commando 15.1 on your DM500 receivers, you will have Autobouquets and EPG. As you have mentioned that they are clones, forum rules mean we cannot discuss them here.

If you want a new E2 receiver, The Nano-SE is quite good. With the remote sensor, you can tuck them away. They only have HDMI output. Vu Zero has more images supporting it.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would recommend VU+ Solo SE V2.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    thanks for your quick responses. i think i will probably try the 3t. the tm800s are definatly broke tried them both on a single dish. i think i'll give commando a whirl as well.

thanks again for your help

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Not bad this VU+ solo SE V2:
    VU+ Solo SE V2 Full HD 1080p Linux Dual Receiver White

Tuner: 1x DVB-C/T2 Dual Cable Tuner 1 199,00 EUR
    Paypal Fee +2.90% 1 5,77 EUR
    UPS Europe 1 24,90 EUR
    including 19% VAT.: 36,67 EUR
    Gesamtsumme: 229,67 EUR
    Ordered from XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Fast and reliable box and VU+ quality. My box with dual C/T2 tuner, but also can be dual S2 tuner having same pice.
    Last edited by tappari; 20-06-15 at 09:04.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Cheers sicilian just bought a 3t nano there now i'll let you know how i get on. Cheers for everyones help