Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Virgin Media Keep cutting my mum off

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

Virgin Media Keep cutting my mum off

My mum's Virgin Media phone line keeps cutting off. She is 67 years old and depends on the phone to keep in touch.

I'm guessing that whenever a technician goes to work in the cabinet, they dislodge my mum's phone wires. It has probably happened about five times now.

On one occasion, an engineer was booked. They cancelled the appointment because there was a local issue. They did not inform us that they had cancelled it. So when we had to rebook, we had to wait again. Just over a week without a phone. Surely it cant be that hard to let people know that the appointment is cancelled. If local issue does does not resolve the person's issue, why is the appointment cancelled? Surely a phone call to confirm fault is fixed can't be that hard?

When we complained about this, we got sent a form to be signed by a Dr to make her a high prioirity case. Sorry, but that is for people with serious medical conditions.

On another occasion, we had an appointment booked in 3 days' time for the afternoon. Engineer was not able to attend owing to illness, it happens. However, the person did not start work that day. So why wait till 13:35 to phone and inform the customer that they need to re-arrange the appoinment which was 12-4. I did not anwere the call because I was not able to at the time. I rang up VM later, nobody knew why we had been called. Called later again and they re-booked.

In April same thing again. I made a complaint. They promised to look into it and ensure that the underlying cause is identified and steps taken to address it to prevent a recurrance. 9 weeks later, same thing again.

On their Complaints Policy, it mentions that you can complain by phone. Chap on phone said he couldn't take a complaint. There is no option for complaints either. So I went to leave VM option and someone took a complaint. The person said that they would ensure that the matter is resolved properly. I voiced my pessimism and wanted assurance as to what would be done differently. However, the person said they cannot find out what was done last time. Really! So, I asked how do we know what they do this time won't be as ineffective as last time. No answer.

CISAS, the ombudsman dealing with Virgin, does not have a person to speak to. You leave contact details and they send you a form. What is the point in an ombudman service where you can't talk to a person?

My mum's only with VM becasue they don't charge £5 a month to barr withheld numbers if you take it as an option with other bundles.

BT usually redirect phone calls to a mobile if landline is faulty.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Virmin Media - I was with them many years ago and never again. they can offer me free everything and still wont go with them.

Title
    Thanks
    Do some googling and find out who is the UK chief executive or the CEO get their email and send them a complaint...
    It works..

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mann View Post
    Do some googling and find out who is the UK chief executive or the CEO get their email and send them a complaint...
    It works..
    easier to email barack obama

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Abu have you thought about something like Truecall. It plugs in between the socket and the phone.
    I put on in about 18 months ago after a spate of international sales calls, "you can recover damages for the accident" (I never had), "Microsoft service centre - did you know that your computer has a virus"....
    It was a £100 well spent.
    There a so many options -
    friends numbers skip the screening
    unknown callers are asked for their name - only then does the phone ring and we get the option to accept or reject
    unwanted calls have dropped from two a week to about two per year!
    Ah one extreme option which may be useful is to only accept calls from listed callers. (can by by-passed by the caller using a pin number)
    Search for Truecall for more info

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jtrus For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (17-06-15)

Title
    Thanks
    The CEO contact for Virgin Media is on this page. Just email Tom Mockridge and someone from his department will hopefully deal with it.
    http://www.ceoemail.com/index4.php

8. The Following User Says Thank You to vileda For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (17-06-15)

Title
    Thanks
    never climb over other departments heads it still gets sent back down to the ground for attention, virgin will never take a complaint over the phone or take claim for the error proberly say it must be a loose plug inside the cabinet. always use a 3rd party complaints company like ofcom they are clearly in the wrong and their complaints procedure is 1 online form detailing the issue then they contact you via telephone "of your choice" and they deal direct with the head of complaints. theres also a form anyone with an elderly person or anyone with a dissability should never have a phone cut off as its needed even if its a bill issue and all them lines are monitored 24/7

Title
    Thanks
    Its cheaper to buy a mobile phone on contract that can block unwanted calls, than it is to pay for line rental. U could also tether it to the wall with a length of string of u want to give it that "BT home phone" look
    IMO, the more they up the line rental, the more customers they loose. Im on Virmin but have the internet. I haven’t payed line rental in years. VOIP !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TELEPHONE-...YjF73A79CoEBnw
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by josweet; 17-10-15 at 02:34.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Please explain how you get Virmin Internet without paying line rental?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
    Please explain how you get Virmin Internet without paying line rental?
    He's prob got cable, so paying cable charges and using a voip phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I've got cable but they won't let me have it without a telephone line... I've tried.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I spoke with them the other day , I never use my landline just broadband and have basic tv if I cancel my phone and just have the broadband service they told me because of my discount I would be no better off. The other thing is if you are in a contract you have to see it through unless you upgrade then a contract starts again (so who wins VM I suppose )
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick