Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show picon in recordings

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Show picon in recordings

When i view a recorded programme and press for the 2nd info bar I have the picon place holder but no picon. How do I get the picon to show. I am using the confluence skin with the MK picons.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    VU+ Solo2 HDD Harmony 650 remote
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willmoore View Post
    When i view a recorded programme and press for the 2nd info bar I have the picon place holder but no picon. How do I get the picon to show. I am using the confluence skin with the MK picons.
    I think this is the Confluence Skin? If so I believe @Rossi - the skin Author - is looking at this. Please see post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post358726 and an earlier post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post357554

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sigpark For This Useful Post:

Willmoore (06-06-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sigpark View Post
    I think this is the Confluence Skin? If so I believe @Rossi - the skin Author - is looking at this. Please see post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post358726 and an earlier post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post357554
    For the Confluence Skin by @Rossi, just incase @Rossi has not got to this yet, here is the fix to the file skin_ViXBMC_1080_Common.xml on path Root\usr\share\enigma2\ViXBMC_1080_Common

See Before and After screen shots and a skin_user .xml that goes on path Root\etc\enigma2. If you are using a skin_user file already, just add this small section.

@Rossi - Could you answer a question for me please? I am wondering how the screens that you write are tied to the remote and skin? For example in the first ViXBMC_1080 skin the GraphicalEPG screen is screen name="GraphicalEPG" and in the ViXBMC_1080 Confluence derivative the "GraphicalEPG" screen is screen name="GraphicalEPGPIG" - I am just wondering how this relationship is set? Also is there a "quick" way of knowing what is the active screen in the skin so that a person can easily locate it and customise? Thanks for the great work.

BEFORE:
    The Game-762015-1240.jpg

AFTER:
    The Game-762015-1253.jpg

Change as skin_user:
    skin_user_ViXBMC_1080_Confluence.zip

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,349 Posts
    do u still get picon when pressing info when watching tv?
    Vu Ultimo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-c, 8xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-t2
    Vu Solo4K, OpenViX 5.0, 8xdvb-s2
    Dreambox DM900, OpenViX 5.0, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c/t2
    Terrestrial, Cable, Fixed 28.2e + Unicable2 LNB

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rossi2000 View Post
    do u still get picon when pressing info when watching tv?
    No you don't. Removed the above 'fix' and picon returned when pressing info.
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Willmoore View Post
    No you don't. Removed the above 'fix' and picon returned when pressing info.
    Please read this post -> here

The code around "Eventview" screen and "Info" button for Live TV AND "EventviewSimple" screen and Recorded Movie has changed between Hades 11 -> Hades 12.

As "EventviewSimple" is now a panel for "Eventview" the "fix" referred to above cannot now work for Live TV!

!!The picon widget requires a different type for live TV versus recorded movies - see link above!!

The attached modded skin_user .xml file should make both screens work again, but I am afraid it's too late in the day to test!

One last word of warning - @Rossi also uses the "EventviewSimple" panel in the "InfoBarEventView" screen, and I am sorry I don't know which screen that is, so there could be an impact there?

Last edited by sigpark; 10-06-15 at 00:06.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sigpark For This Useful Post:

Willmoore (09-06-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    One last word of warning - @Rossi also uses the "EventviewSimple" panel in the "InfoBarEventView" screen, and I am sorry I don't know which screen that is, so there could be an impact there?
    It was too late last night . When I looked at the .XML this evening I see the InfoBarEPG uses the aforementioned screen. I have introduced an EventViewSimpleLiveTV screen for the panel in "EventView" and "InfoBarEventView" screens. As far as I can see all EventView screens work in Hades 12 with this mod maybe @Willmore can confirm?. Over to @Rossi

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sigpark For This Useful Post:

Willmoore (10-06-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Works for me
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Thanks
    sorry for being a little thick here but im looking to get the picons on the recordings info as above but i dont understand what i need to do with the above file to get it to work i initiall thought i just copied all the data in the XML into the skin_ViXBMC_1080_Common.xml file over the top of the old eventview section but that just put my box into a constant boot loop

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Following @sigpark's instructions, once unzipped the .xml file is ftp'd to /etc/enigma2
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Thanks
    Have tried putting unzipped file (skin_user_ViXBMC_1080_Confluence.xml) into /etc/enigma2 and also into \usr\share\enigma2\ViXBMC_1080_Common Both done absolutely nothing

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you restarted the GUI ?
    Mutant HD51 4K
    VU+ Zero
    Edision OS MINI

Title
    Thanks
    yes even restarted the whole box

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwestwood74 View Post
    sorry for being a little thick here but im looking to get the picons on the recordings info as above but i dont understand what i need to do with the above file to get it to work i initiall thought i just copied all the data in the XML into the skin_ViXBMC_1080_Common.xml file over the top of the old eventview section but that just put my box into a constant boot loop
    The problem you had is typical if when the Skin .xml cannot parse - ViX will crash. The good news is that the E2 box will be still up, and you can FTP to it still and undo the change you made.

Anyway as @Willmoore said, any skin_user file must be placed in the /etc/enigma2 folder, and the naming convention must be as per the Skin name - the file name should be exactly the name as posted, including upper and lower case.

With skin_user .xml files you can customise screens of the main skin - the skin_user file gets read last. In this case the code just changes some eventview references.

More good news is that @Rossi will be incorporating a fix for this issue shortly, so the skin_user will not be needed.

As @Willmoore also said, any/all skin file changes require a GUI restart.

Finally, it is never a good idea to change the master skin files in usr/share/enigma2 as the files are overwritten each time you perform an update

Summary:
    1. Make sure you are using the .xml file from post #7
    2. Make sure you unzip the file and keep the same name exactly when you unzip
    3. The fix is only for Confluence skin
    4. The file must be placed in /etc/enigma2 folder

Good Luck, and I hope this helps

Title
    Thanks
    The problem you had is typical if when the Skin .xml cannot parse - ViX will crash. The good news is that the E2 box will be still up, and you can FTP to it still and undo the change you made.

Anyway as @Willmoore said, any skin_user file must be placed in the /etc/enigma2 folder, and the naming convention must be as per the Skin name - the file name should be exactly the name as posted, including upper and lower case.

With skin_user .xml files you can customise screens of the main skin - the skin_user file gets read last. In this case the code just changes some eventview references.

More good news is that @Rossi will be incorporating a fix for this issue shortly, so the skin_user will not be needed.

As @Willmoore also said, any/all skin file changes require a GUI restart.

Finally, it is never a good idea to change the master skin files in usr/share/enigma2 as the files are overwritten each time you perform an update

Summary:
    1. Make sure you are using the .xml file from post #7
    2. Make sure you unzip the file and keep the same name exactly when you unzip
    3. The fix is only for Confluence skin
    4. The file must be placed in /etc/enigma2 folder

Good Luck, and I hope this helps
    Tried all the above and still not getting picon on second info screen just the NO Picon loaded

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast