Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Which box?

Title
    Thanks

Which box?

Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new to this game but have reasonable knowledge, Im looking at doing away with sly and have been looking at the vu solo 2 or possibly the vu duo 2 as they seem to have good support and hopefully fairly easy to work at. I have a blade 7000s box as a second box in the bedroom and have recently messed about with a cloud ibox2 to get the feel of vix and liked the setup etc, would a solo box be a good replacement for sly as all im looking to do is watch tv and record and possibly use stream to a mobile or tablet etc or would I be better to pay extra for the duo?

Thanks for any help

Title
    Thanks
    I do all of the above with my Solo 2. I can't comment or recommend any other box I'm afraid.

I'm delighted with my Solo 2.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to simono5 For This Useful Post:

crx (04-06-15)

Title
    Thanks
    How do you find the record features ie recording series etc?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    No complaints so far. You won't get accurate record live on Freesat, etc so if a programme runs over you're snookered. but you can set a timer to overrun which is useful if say the Champions League on Saturday goes to extra time and pens.

But you can create instant timers to record one off programmes or AutoTimers to record series. Although I haven't done this you can set AutoTimers to record across different dates and channels.

I've had issues where AutoTimers haven't created a Timer but these have been few and far between and easily worked around.

Title
    Thanks
    Have you watched anything via phone/tablet ?

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crx View Post
    Have you watched anything via phone/tablet ?

Thanks
    this take a bit of doing but can be done via various apps

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    If recording via sat and you have enable eif enabled in epg settings if the company say ITV updates its epg if the match is about to run late there is a good chance it will record the seperate bit as an extra revcording, it happened to me with a football match when the kick off was delayed by 45 mins.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

simono5 (04-06-15)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    this take a bit of doing but can be done via various apps
    I thought it was as easy as using the vu plus app, does it allow remote recording when away from the house?

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crx View Post
    I thought it was as easy as using the vu plus app, does it allow remote recording when away from the house?

Thanks
    mine never works unless am at home. I cant remember the ins and outs of how to do it. you can use other apps that can do times etc. look here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...VIX-and-IPHONE it could be different for android mobile or you may need to buy an app.