Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: cable tuner box query

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

cable tuner box query

getting around to setting this up but can see no info on epg services,does one set it up like a sat box and have epg to usb.
    reading the brochure you use the loop through cable so only need 1 cable feed to tuner 1have split feed to 2 tuners

Title
    Thanks
    1 feed per tuner you can split the feed unlike sat, yes set EPG to USB and ull need EPG refresh plugin to get an EPG you don't use crossepg

3. The Following User Says Thank You to casuk For This Useful Post:

cactikid (23-05-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    for the techies would a splitter and 2 feeds have more of a lower signal than using one feed + the loop through.
    have to see where i left my micro usb that i flashed my solo with and use that for epg.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes it will lower the signal but most do it with no problems you could use the hdd to store epg

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    all my boxes have micro usb fitted,forgot i formatted the dam thing and inserted in rear lol

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    for the techies would a splitter and 2 feeds have more of a lower signal than using one feed + the loop through.
    have to see where i left my micro usb that i flashed my solo with and use that for epg.
    In my experience with cable if your box on the wall has 2 outlets (already splt) then use 2 cables from the wall, loop through can loose just enough to make some channels flaky, if you are going to introduce a passive splitter yourself this can also lead to the loss of some channels because your power levels at the green box may have been balanced for just one connection on that line (technically it is balanced for db loss on the splitter in your outside brown box, a 4 way needs more juice in than a 2 way). A good way to check your split level is to Record Sky Sports 2 HD whilst watching Sky Sports 1 HD (or visa versa) if you get no glitching or loss of picture on either what you have watched or what you have recorded then you are good to go, if one of them does have glitching or loss of picture then you will need a powered splitter.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DaMacFunkin For This Useful Post:

cactikid (24-05-15)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    never seen or heard of a powered splitter,need to rummage through my archives,maybe i bought one 15 years ago

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok new update went to record 2 programs at 9pm one recorded ok other is a blank channel,assuming one only needs to scan the box once on cable tuner a,same details on b but not scanned on.in case you ask using 2.30 and hades 10

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok i was going to ask how i could check second tuner and as requested recorded one hd sports and could view the second now
    i used a splitter with 2 feeds to tuners

Title
    Thanks
    Having a similar issue with et8000, have one feed into the house and then a splitter for the broadband and for V+ box. I took the V+cable and used loop through but tuner B doesn't get high enough signal on some channels. Should I try by replacing the existing splitter with a 4 way splinter or should I get an amplifier, or any other suggestions?

Thanks