Hello Guest, if you're reading this it means you have not yet registered. Please take a second, Click here to register and in a few simple steps, you will be able to enjoy all the many features of our fine community. Please note that nicknames are prohibited lewd or meaningless (no numbers or letters at random) and introduce yourself in the section for you to meet our community.

Thanks

Oneplus one Screen Repair

dropped my phone yesterday bloody smashed to smitherines, can still see display under smashed glass, i did have a cover and glass protector on also,
    Insurance will only pay like for like as the oneplus is hard to get hold of....

anyone know of any repairers in uk that deals with these, you can buy the parts for around 60 pounds but im absolute useless....

or should i jump ship cover my losses and buy a Redmi or another chinese phone

Thanks
    Buy the parts and do it yourself there will be guides on YouTube its normally quite easy

Thanks
    "easy" is a looonnnng bit of string !!!

The front glass is usually glued onto the digitiser, so requires a heat gun - Ive tried a hairdryer and trashed two phones trying, and Im very experienced with electronics, Id be loathed to try again.

Thanks
    You normally will need a special jig with a sort of razor wire to seperate the 2 parts so don't waste your time. And don't believe those videos showing a digitiser being pulled off with a suction pad after being heated with a hairdryer. You would buy a new phone for similar money.
    Last edited by ronand; 31-05-15 at 01:43.
    VU+ Solo2 running OpenVIX 4.2
    Darkmotor
    Triax TD110 dish
    Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb