Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Won't upload image using USB.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Won't upload image using USB.

Hi,
    I am trying to upload a image of Hades 10 from Apollo 166 but for some reason it will not recognise any of my usb's I have tried a SanDisk Cruzer Facet 8GB and also a Kingston DT Micro 8GB and also the 16GB. They work fine on my Mutant but the Vu Solo just keeps loading the Apollo image 166.
    Might be a daft question but can I Mount the usb and then initialise and FTP the image to the USB that that way.
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

Title
    Thanks
    Can you not FTP the Hades image from your computer to the HDD on your box then update via the back-up/restore menu?

This is how I've done it so far and saves messing with USB drives.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi Simon,
    Not got a HDD on the Solo I have on the Mutant could I not mount the usb on to the Solo initialise it then FTP it that way ?
    Mutant HD2400 , 2 x DVB-S/S2, 2x DVB-T/T2/C ,OpenVix version 5.1.0028 , Simple Ten Eighty skin , and Tosh picons , remote Harmony 650, Amazon firestick

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Sorted thanks borrowed a USB from next door 4GB and loaded first time thanks for looking and helping

Title
    Thanks
    For some reason usb over 4gb don't work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yes they do as most of mine are 8b,integral,kingston,cruzer remember you have to press button when flashing i forgot and any other usb removed

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    What button ?

Title
    Thanks
    Ok button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    round button on front of box think its the on/off failing to follow the guide my box went and booted old imageso i had to refresh setup in flashing that box.